Droid 2 Global Gingerbread Leak - Rooted!

iguanad

Reaction score
Scrolling A Little Laggy

Scrolling seems a little laggy with this update. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

sersoft

Reaction score
For me it's quite the opposite actually, it slides between home screens at 60fps, and internet browser scrolling seems faster too, scrolling through sms messages or the app drawer didn't change in speed but there is added effects everywhere, even the slide to unlock animation is faster IMO.

iguanad

Reaction score
Do you have some sort of performance measuring program?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

milllllller

Reaction score
Alright so I downloaded the files, sbf'd my phone to stock/blurry froyo, rerooted and rebootstrapped. When I reboot it in recovery, I'm able to select either zip file, and I pick the designated "first" one. The phone then takes me tothe screen thatnsays "finding update package..." "Opening update package..." "Installing update..." and this is where the magic stops. The little loader-bar-indicator just stays striped and indicates no change, and the screen sits in this state until I remove the battery. Any help? I didn't skip any of the steps, and I was running stock verizon froyo before too, I just re-sbf'd as a precaution

sersoft

Reaction score
Do you have some sort of performance measuring program?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
I dunno if it's of any use, I had GLbenchmark before I upgraded to 2.3 but it stopped giving me numbers and just redirects to the login page, in SetCpu long bench takes 478ms, native bench says 710.205078ms/NEON 270.324707ms

kshah

Reaction score
GB is better than froyo. Qudrant score is about 1750. D2G is certainly very slow for the cpu and ram it owns.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

rusty815

Reaction score
That's because even with gingerbread, moto decided to not use stagefright again, which gives you the low score. Benchmarks don't prove anything anyway, turn on stagefright and you'll see the score jumb by about 1000 points, but it doesn't do anything in terms of performance.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL running Cyanogenmod!!!

carfreek24

Reaction score
How come when I try to download the files it wont download them to my phone it says it can't be supported on my device

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

kiwiboyus

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks for this, I'm loving GB on my D2G :) Any of you using Go LauncherEx or LauncherPro since installing this?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks for this, I'm loving GB on my D2G :) Any of you using Go LauncherEx or LauncherPro since installing this?

I use ADW Ex personally.... Dont see why any other launcher would have problems though...

carfreek24

Reaction score
Thanks for the help loving the gb update so far

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I used to stick to only adw but I find blur home tolerable now. The only thing I miss now is that bigger screen indicator froyo blur home had. It was much more user-friendly if you wanted to get to another screen, just swipe across that. It's more intuitive than swiping up from the new blur dock to get the screen previews.

Mrwirez

Reaction score
After a slight derailment I got it up and running.. I was coming from HeXen rom and probably SHOULD HAVE did a full wipe BEFORE I SBF-ed.. I got a droid eye boot-loop after the 2.4.33 sbf. So.. I had to boot into recovery and wipe everything, then it was good to go. The most annoying part is stopping the market from loading up EVERY app I ever downloaded..

After installing the two zip files, I used titanium to wipe all the apps from my phone and choose what I wanted.. All I have to do is freeze all the bloat again.. However, EVERYTHING works fine for me now.. Nice job to all that participated. Cool.. I am really waiting for a stable CM4D2G rom. I read it is now based on 2.3.5..
When does the update chase ever end?? lol

Last edited: