Droid 2 Global Gingerbread Leak - Rooted!

thesoldier

Reaction score
Is anyone else having troubles with tethering I have tried the two tethering apps I have (open garden and wifi tether) and neither one will work they will connect to my computer but with an error on them so I can't acesses anything or if someone has a solution on what I can do id appreciate it

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

This happened to me recently. Download this one http://code.google.com/p/android-wi...?name=wireless_tether_2_0_8-pre1.apk&can=2&q= and see if it works. Its an older version and it works for me.

Sent from my D2G running HeXen

ark116

Reaction score
Is anyone having troubles with their RAM? When I installed this it looked great, but there is so much bull apps that wasn't there in froyo, like all the authentications. Its lagging horribly, especially after. .sbf'ing and and wiping.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Root and freeze the bloat. First thing I did, so it runs fairly smooth.

ides79

Reaction score
This solved all my problems with my stock unrooted D2G! I was getting ready to strap some dynamite to D2G and leave it at a Verizon store it has been constantly rebooting since I got it and I replaced it to only have the same problems and not exaggerating f'ing phone would reboot on average every 2 hours if not more.I didn't want to root another phone and deal with custom roms again but been running GB now for 24 hours and it hasn't rebooted once and the battery is lasting longer THANK YOU! I may actually hold off now on switching to the iphone dancedroid

Byakushiki

Reaction score
If you think iPhone is perfect, think again. Gps navigation, you have to pay for. Battery? Dad reports it drains like insane most of the time. Music? Tethered to iTunes, so no universal lossless format for you!(ok that one is for people who actually use lossless music files) and the list goes on. Otherwise...I'm done ranting on how bad iPhone is :laugh:

ides79

Reaction score
I don't think the iphone is perfect but as a professional that likes to hack his phones on his spare time it makes me look really unprofessional when my phone reboots in the middle of a conversation and I hadn't rooted my phone. I don't see the same issues with the iphone as i was experiencing with my D2G do want to be an adult that works or a kid hacking my phone maybe with the next promotion i can have one of each to compare but for now i'm happy i decided to root and get gingerbread on my d2g cause now its working like a dependable phone. I'm not worried about music i need to work from my phone when on the run calendar web browsing and i live in NYC so when my mother in law uses her 3gs more then i use my droid and she charges every other day and i'm charging twice a day yeah iphone beats my phone for battery. But then again i never had problems with blackberry but not trying to build a time machine either. just want a smart phone to function and the stock d2g did not not rooted with gingerbread it is working so time will tell right

apollyon0810

Reaction score
I don't think the iphone is perfect but as a professional that likes to hack his phones on his spare time it makes me look really unprofessional when my phone reboots in the middle of a conversation and I hadn't rooted my phone. I don't see the same issues with the iphone as i was experiencing with my D2G do want to be an adult that works or a kid hacking my phone maybe with the next promotion i can have one of each to compare but for now i'm happy i decided to root and get gingerbread on my d2g cause now its working like a dependable phone. I'm not worried about music i need to work from my phone when on the run calendar web browsing and i live in NYC so when my mother in law uses her 3gs more then i use my droid and she charges every other day and i'm charging twice a day yeah iphone beats my phone for battery. But then again i never had problems with blackberry but not trying to build a time machine either. just want a smart phone to function and the stock d2g did not not rooted with gingerbread it is working so time will tell right

LOL @ professional. Your grammar and diction just screams "professional". Maybe you are and maybe you aren't, but if I were coming to forums to ask the help of strangers, I wouldn't consider myself a professional. In fact, I don't consider myself a professional. But please. Throw some periods and commas in there. Please?

ides79

Reaction score
I wasn't here asking for help I was thanking the person who posted Gingerbread and sorry its a forum I write and edit things all day when I'm not on my phone for work I have no need to waste my energy editing my posts on a forum to appease you I was simply saying that my phone was always rebooting on me in the middle of conversations and checking text and emails and it became very frustrating we spend a lot of money on our smart phones and the plans that go with them they should work properly don't you think oh and feel free to punctuate anywhere you like

sciroccokid

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I was only able to install the first of the two update files. Now my phone will not detect the SD card while in GB or in recovery. I have tried clearing the data and cache.

Any ideas?!

Last edited:

Sachelg

Reaction score
dude i keep messing this up one way or the other :/ is not happening for me cant freaking intsall it i am to stupid for this i think

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Worked great on my stock rooted
Had to *228

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL / gingerbread 2.3.3. Rooted using DroidForums

sjwoodard

Reaction score
So far I love it, but what is involved in making a vanilla GB rom for the D2G?