1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid 2 FIRST IMPRESSIONS!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Darkseider, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

2. Sp4rxx

Sp4rxx New Member

Planet Earth, Northern Hemisphere, North America,
    Isn't VZW advertising it as the "DROID X" ? Or is that ANOTHER version?

Either way, though, it looks pretty sweet. Though I love my 1st Gen DROID, I kinda can't wait to see where the line of phone is going when my contract is up for renewal in 2k12....
  3. thescreensavers

thescreensavers New Member

^ DX is the 4.3 inch version( rumored to be called touch)
    D2 is the 3.7 inch with keyboard.( classically the new version of the droid 1)

From what I understand
  4. JhankG

JhankG New Member

Correct. They are two different phones that will both be released on Verizon in the next few months. Droid X is coming very soon and the Droid 2 shouldn't be far behind.
  5. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

Personally I'd rather have the Droid X because it seems like the Droid 2 will be the exact same thing that we have except with a better keyboard (I don't mind the current one) and hardware. I'd rather have a phone that is completely new to me.
  6. HCdroid

HCdroid New Member

7. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

merged....................

The Droid 2 booyah!
  8. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

This is the only reason I'm liking the X over the Droid 2. If I never had a Droid I'm sure I would feel different. And there go that damn Froyo Home Screen Tips widget again.....lol
  9. Agrajag

Agrajag New Member

My first impressions:

-Why change the 4 main buttons order? If I go with this phone it'll take me months to stop hitting the wrong buttons? Was there some problem with the old setup I'm not familiar with?

-Same camera? I don't really use the camera on my phone as I always take lousy pictures with it (my 10MP digital camera takes GREAT pictures by comparison) so this isn't a big deal but just surprised it's no better other than seemingly a bit faster.

-The keyboard on my Droid is the flat one and I despise it so much that I haven't used it in months now. I've just forced myself to kind of get used to the virtual keyboard even though that hasn't been a huge success. This one doesn't look all that much better. It does looks a bit bigger and maybe that's all it needed but I still totally miss the completely distinct keys on my enV2. I'm not sure if I'll bother with a Droid 2 as the main reason for it over the other options is the keyboard and unless it's dramatically improved I'll save the bulk.

-The screen seems entirely the same. Another area I'd like to see continued forward momentum on.

-So far this strikes me as a product that should be called Droid 1.5.
  10. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

Yep. With the same hardware, but with a better camera, and a bigger screen, I think the Droid X is a better phone if you don't mind typing on the touch screen.
  11. Anomander

Anomander New Member

Yep. With the same hardware, but with a better camera, and a bigger screen, I think the Droid X is a better phone if you don't mind typing on the touch screen.[/QUOTE]
    I believe it comes with SWYPE, so if that is the case I would not mind loosing the keyboard for the bigger screen size. No upgrades for me though, need to wait until my new every 2 gets a lot closer.
  12. soba1

soba1 New Member

Droid 2 is cool. The keyboard looks real nice. But since I am a screen size junkie. I'm getting the X. Always have love for the Droid though...
    Best smartphone I have had to date
  13. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

750 ...........ill wait for the droid 3 or the device with 2 ghz processor.
  14. Mule65

Mule65 Member

Zzzzzzz... Too much like the original.
  15. MrCapcom

MrCapcom New Member

Yea unfortunately I think I will go with the DROID X. This phone is for people who never owned a DROID 1. I love my DROID 1 but ill probally end up giving it to my wife and getting the DROID X :)
  16. debdroid1a

debdroid1a New Member

Yes, pretty much like the 1. Faster camera? I like the stabilization of the current camera (why it takes so long, I think at least it seems like it on mine to focus it perfectly). That's fine with me. I think it takes great photos.

I like the keyboard. I've gotten pretty fast on it. Had an Env2 and that was a nice keyboard. I use the small vertical keyboard for quick searches, but for text it's the slide out keyboard.

The X seems kind of big to me, at least it looked like it on the Verizon site.
  17. korp

korp New Member

X or 'Xtreme' is suppose to be released in July, then Droid 2 is looking at a August/September release date.
  18. GryphonD

GryphonD New Member

My thoughts exactly.