DROID 2 - Dream Phone

magdream

Reaction score
a bigger screen would be cool. the "problem" with the droid and other non-iphones is that the iphone has a deeper/wider screen. so while the droid is technically slightly bigger, I think the iphone's screen is more useful. I also like the clickable track ball idea. LTE and a better camera would make it the phone to beat.

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
personally, i'm not fall for full touch phone and onscreen-keyboard would take half of your content. Having a physical keyboard would let you have a massive big screen.

Is anyone find that D-Pad useful? I haven't used it for any good purpose yet.

If you are just surfing the web, it's helpful as it allows you to scroll and the like without accidentally hitting a link and inadvertently launching a new page.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Display: 4" Capacitive & OLED, 854x480 (if can 960x540)
Secondary video chat/call camera
Cortex A9 Multi-core processor / Snapdragon 1Ghz
1500mA Battery or better
I'd hope for much better specs than that for a new device.

A camera suitable for snapshots in less-than-ideal lighting would be a huge plus.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i want to see a joystick, and a modification of the d-pad to be 360 degrees (not just up,down,left,right)

Mojo

Reaction score
The things I wish for a dream Droid would be add an IR sensor to it, better keypad, and a video out. And while they are at it make native hardware or software to use my phone as a hotspots like a mifi. And lastly turn the d-pad into a trackpad.

OP
A

annian

Reaction score
No offense but why say a snapdragon 1GHz processor? By the time a Droid V2 is released that will be an old technology.

i agree. but i dream, MOTO will comeup with new model by Q2 2010 and hope snapdragon will be on most of the devices.

i added Trackpad on DROID2. hope u all love to see that :)