Droid 2 BRICKED HELP PLEASE!

blackra1ner96

Reaction score
I was trying to sbf my droid 2 back from 2.3.3 4.5.6 to 2.2 and when RDS was finished it said on my phone

Bootloader
D2.37
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP BLANK
Service Req'd

PLEASE HELP ME.
Im sort of a n00b at android so if anyone could give me a detailed tut on how to fix my droid would be awesome! Thank you so much!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yea i got it a couple days ago

You're out of luck. There is currently no way to fix it, unless it's under warranty and VZW will replace it.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

AcridGosling

Reaction score
As of now, there is no way to fix it. If you send bricked phone to vzw for warranty claim, they will charge full price for a new one, and any replacement will have the update pr-installed. Sbf'ing voids the warranty.

If you call and report it lost (in the local creek) you can pay the deductible (mines 80) and they will send you a new one. I do not know if these come updated or not though.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
As of now, there is no way to fix it. If you send bricked phone to vzw for warranty claim, they will charge full price for a new one, and any replacement will have the update pr-installed. Sbf'ing voids the warranty.

If you call and report it lost (in the local creek) you can pay the deductible (mines 80) and they will send you a new one. I do not know if these come updated or not though.

Uhhmmm....only if he has insurance on the phone....

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

AcridGosling

Reaction score
Uhhmmm....only if he has insurance on the phone....

Absolutely. But I know from experience, for a warranty claim involving a bricked phone, unless its a known issue (like the latest OTA upgrade for r2d2) they will charge you full price for the phone because SBF'ing voids the warranty. My friend was actually put into collections for that reason on his old droid1. Now he's with at&t. ;)

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Sbf'ing and rooting voids all warranties. So, the OP can't go back to Verizon at all. If they have insurance, they can put in a claim by calling Asurion directly. On mine and both daughters smartphones (OG Droid/Droid 2/Stratosphere) the deductible is $135.00

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

AcridGosling

Reaction score
....... On mine and both daughters smartphones (OG Droid/Droid 2/Stratosphere) the deductible is $135.00

Ouch. It may have gone up. Maybe im grandfathered in? I know there's a few areas that don't have craigslist, but you may even be able to get one ebay cheap. In my area right now, there's a couple posts for DROID 2's. A random o e I picked to open is listed as follows:

DROID 2 a955 includes car charger, wall charger, bluetooth headset, phone (in full working order), 2 extra screen protectors, sd card, and battery. $60/firm.

I have already contacted to get. That way I will have a phone I can experiment on with rims, SBFing, rooting, etc with no worries. I've found a few on ebay decently priced too. Stupid OTA updates that remove root.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
d2/R2D2 2.3.4 SBF

Droid 2 1FF-p2a_droid2_r2d2_cdma_droid2_r2d2-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DR4-52-120118-release-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf.gz
19/05/2012 Droid 2 1FF-p2a_droid2_cdma_droid2-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DR4-51-120117-release-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf.gz

2.3.4 SBF posted here
Droid-Developers SBF

OP
B

blackra1ner96

Reaction score
^If i SBF to this one and i do end up fixinf my phone will i be able to root it?? :/

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
you won't be able to root it right now, maybe later, if someone makes a repacked SBF

OP
B

blackra1ner96

Reaction score
IT WORKED!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:dancedroid

AcridGosling

Reaction score
IT WORKED!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:dancedroid

What system and android version were you on before when you bricked it, and what are you on now?

Sent from my DROID2 OTA updated .621, non-rooted 2.3.4 :( R.I.P. root access