DROID 1 camera slow to return recently taken pic

iamjoe

Reaction score
My DROID (non rooted) has been very slow to display an image right after I take it. I backed up all my images and then removed them from the DROID. I was hoping that would speed things up. The camera does seem to respond faster when I first take a photo, but when I wait for the 'share/delete menu' it still take s a long time.

Is there a cache or something else that I can clean/delete?
Thanks

Darkseider

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my Droid unrooted and rooted. I tried different kernels, ROMs, stock ROMs, etc.. all to no avail. Multiple factory resets, etc... Finally a couple weeks back my Droid's screen went wonky so I go a warranty replacement. The camera is rock solid either stock OR rooted/ROM'd/OC'd. Looks like my Droid had some issues from day one with the hardware and until one cropped up that made the phone unusable I would have never known. Granted your case may be different but it wouldn't hurt to try and get a warranty replacement to see if it clears things up.

ballmore

Reaction score
Just download a free app from the market called SDRESCAN. It will force your phone to scan your sd card any time that you want it to. Then you can go directly to your gallery and find the pics that you recently took or downloaded.

OP
iamjoe

iamjoe

Reaction score
what is the purpose of scanning my SD card? My issue is that the immediate pic that I take, takes a long time to appear on my screen so that i can share it if I wish, or even just view it.
Thanks

ballmore

Reaction score
what is the purpose of scanning my SD card? My issue is that the immediate pic that I take, takes a long time to appear on my screen so that i can share it if I wish, or even just view it.
Thanks

It's telling your phone to check for new files. Otherwise that part of the system is just dorment. Try it out. It's free in the market and it is a small app. Most importantly it WORKS. The developer wouldn't have made the app if there was never a need for such a thing.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
It sounds like you're using the stock camera app. Have you tried any of the other camera apps available in the market? I've been using Vignette Demo for months and have never experienced the issue you describe.

OP
iamjoe

iamjoe

Reaction score
yeah, I am using the stock app. I will check out vignette.
Thanks

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Mine has similar issues. Using the stock camera. Sometimes it takes a while to take the photo. Or even after.
I'm going to try vignette too.

OldguyMark

Reaction score
You could also try JustPictues! (free in the market,) it works sooo much better than the stock gallery.

It does sometimes force close if you scroll through a folder with a lot of pictures in it, but that small bother is still worth it as it is so much better.

(Does not do video though.)

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
You could also try JustPictues! (free in the market,) it works sooo much better than the stock gallery.

It does sometimes force close if you scroll through a folder with a lot of pictures in it, but that small bother is still worth it as it is so much better.

The complaint was with the stock camera app, not the gallery.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I tried vignette. Worked pretty well. When I went to check the settings, it only allows 3MP for the free demo version. Even though my Droid can take 5MP. Decided it wasn't worth it if they wanted me to pay for something I all ready get free. Uninstalled.

Last edited: