Droid 1/2 Extended Battery

tu3218

Reaction score
Because of my need for instant gradification, I called around to the local Verizon stores only to find there are none currently in any local store stock. So I ordered online and with free second day shipping, I should have one by Thursday. Dosen't help my "get it now" mental issues, but not a bad deal for $40 total.

How did you get it for $40? On the Verizon site it says it's $50.

I get a 25% discount through my employer.

Oh alright. What do you do when ordering the battery to denote you get a discount? I get 20% off my bill, but I'm not sure where I would put that.

djembeman

Reaction score
How did you get it for $40? On the Verizon site it says it's $50.

Oh alright. What do you do when ordering the battery to denote you get a discount? I get 20% off my bill, but I'm not sure where I would put that.

It should tell you when you are searching for products on the site. It should say something like "your price" or something like that. It's automatic if you are logged in and already identified as having a corporate discount.

jammin

Reaction score
After more time with it and using it more now that I am back in school, I can definitely see the improvement over the stock battery. In class, I'm constantly text messaging, playing games, and browsing the internet; but I do notice I have to turn my phone off then back on for it to read the battery correctly. After 12 hours my phone will read the battery at 40%, but when I power it off, then back on, it will read at 60%. Much better than what the old battery did. I still wish it came with a black battery cover. The blue is kind of unsightly to me sometimes.

suliman

Reaction score

It should tell you when you are searching for products on the site. It should say something like "your price" or something like that. It's automatic if you are logged in and already identified as having a corporate discount.

omg, i could have bought this batter for 37.40 with the 25% discount if i had just logged in.. ended up buying it for 50.. fail.

anyone trying to buy this, dont forget to log in to your verizon account before purchasing.

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
omg, i could have bought this batter for 37.40 with the 25% discount if i had just logged in.. ended up buying it for 50.. fail.

anyone trying to buy this, dont forget to log in to your verizon account before purchasing.

Check your employer's website (if they have one). Mine has a portal I can log into Verizon through that IDs me as an employee.

Now that it's on the way, I need to break out my Dremel tool and get to work on the car mount.

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
can you get your employee discount at the store?

I would assume so. I haven't gotten anything from a brick and morter store in a long time so I can't say for sure. I guess if you show some form of company ID, you'd be in.

jeffe65

Reaction score
Someone may have mentioned it already; I didn't wade through all of the pages on this thread, but before coming here I had ordered a standard replacement battery from Amazon.com for $6.00, and it's not a knock-off. It's identical to the one that came with my Droid back in November, and it's holding a charge longer.

There's also a cheap battery-only charger for $12.00, so if you want to go the cheap route and/or aren't as concerned about the pluses and minuses of the extended battery, this is a deal.

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I just got my battery. There's just one problem. I CAN'T REMOVE THE BATTERY COVER. I finally got it to fit on snugly but now I can't get it off and I don't wanna use too much force. Assistance appreciated becauce I feel like such a pathetic failure at the moment. -__-

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I'm really freaked out right now. Idk what the hell I did. I had some trouble getting the cover to fit on at first but thene I was finally able to slide it all the way up to fit. But now I just can't slide it back off. What is everyone doing to remove this thing?

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Lol disregard all of that. The lady at the store slipped it off just fine and now I can easily remove it. Don't know why I couldn't before.
Anyway I went and bought a hard case at verizon that came with the holster and unfortunately the holster fits tightly. The only bother is that it was 30something dollars and the screen case won't fit either but that's expected since the droid 2 has a slightly diff structure But the part that covers the surrounding keyboard fits PERFECTLY on my droid 1's 'body'. And I use the screen part from my rubber case to surround my screen. Basically a mix n match.

suliman

Reaction score
Okay i was able to run the battery for the longest since i got it and its been about 16 hours. Unplugged it 8am, and now it is 12am the next day. With moderate use, about 2hrs of pandora, minimal browsing. I rarely make calls so i didnt call anyone today or receive any calls, yes i have no friends haha, and a bit of texting. I am now at 10%.

The battery reads the charge very well from what i gather. But in my battery usage menu it says 6h 22m since last unplugged, im guessing this resets when you reboot your phone. kinda dumb. but yeah, this is definitely better than my stock battery. im wondering what the max usage most people are getting, and for the people that say they can get 24-48 hours please tell me what rom and kernel you are running, and any special techniques you did to achieve this (phone settings, initial charging, etc.)

moto droid 2.2 cyanogen 6 final, chevy 1gig ultra low.

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I'm wondering. Is it better to charge the battery fully, let it rest, and then take it off the charger?? Or should u charge, let it rest, then after being on full charge for a bit, turn it off for awhile, and then power it back on?? I really think about this stuff a lot..