Droid 1/2 Extended Battery

djembeman

Reaction score
I couldn't get the XT Dock to work -- it would switch tom docking mode, but wouldn;t always charge the battery -- I returned the dock.

Were you connected to your computer via USB? I found that if the computer was asleep when I plugged my phone into the dock that it would not receive power. Had to have the computer on and awake and then plug the phone into the dock. It would keep charging if the computer went to sleep after already being connected.

The XT dock is working perfect for me!

dbuglio

Reaction score
USB does not have enough amps to power the phone on its own from a cold start. You need to use the ac adapter initially to get it up and booted, then you are able to switch to usb power if you need.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

darklipslide

Reaction score
Mine arrived yesterday and I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, so I will see how it goes. I'm a little disappointed that my droid wont fit in the dock if I have it installed, but that was expected

pyro6128

Reaction score
it will still fit, you just have to put it in right

edit: Thats what she said

jeffe65

Reaction score
Look for the XL or XT dock, if you can return it. That one works the same but has an insert that you can pull out for phones with cases or extended batteries. It's the same price as the standard one.

Oops! Didn't realize someone had addressed this, sorry.

darklipslide

Reaction score
Well, it was just my luck that they shipped my BP7X battery without the extended battery door! Trying to get an exchange with the seller, but not sure how that will go.

Oi, until then, no testing.
Also doesn't help that I live in Canada, it's gonna be a little while

brunla

Reaction score
Battery Results

I have been using the extended battery for about 5 days now. I am just starting to notice slightly better battery than the regular. However it went down to 30% and I did a reset. When it booted back up I had 60% power.

Is the device not reading the battery correctly? Is there an app that can correctly read an extended battery life?

tennvol

Reaction score
Thought I'd bump this thread to see how people's battery life was after using this for a few days...

droid4607

Reaction score
just ordered my extended battery today for my D1. i was wondering if my case would still fit correctly with the battery being slightly bigger. Below is the link to the case i have. Anyone else have this case and the extended battery for the D1?

Set Your Location

Wadzii

Reaction score
Thought I'd bump this thread to see how people's battery life was after using this for a few days...

i'm seeing 30-36hrs out of mine, I can stretch it longer but I usually plug it around 15%. I have had it for about a month now.

Also, remember to clear battery cache if you are rooted.. if you are not rooted then you'll have to wipe the phone to clear that cache. If you dont the battery gauge wont be correct.

droid4607

Reaction score

i'm seeing 30-36hrs out of mine, I can stretch it longer but I usually plug it around 15%. I have had it for about a month now.

Also, remember to clear battery cache if you are rooted.. if you are not rooted then you'll have to wipe the phone to clear that cache. If you dont the battery gauge wont be correct.

What do you mean by wipe the phone?

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I have been using the extended battery for about 5 days now. I am just starting to notice slightly better battery than the regular. However it went down to 30% and I did a reset. When it booted back up I had 60% power.

Is the device not reading the battery correctly? Is there an app that can correctly read an extended battery life?

Get Battery Left widget and get used to realding voltage instead of %. Droid 1 can't read it right.

4200 mah is approximately full and 3500 is approximately drained for me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

T

tsitalon1

What app to acomplish this?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
just ordered my extended battery today for my D1. i was wondering if my case would still fit correctly with the battery being slightly bigger. Below is the link to the case i have. Anyone else have this case and the extended battery for the D1?

Set Your Location

Yes it will with the battery cover on or off. However with the battery cover on it slides a lot harder into and out of the belt clip. I use mine with the cover off and it slides in and out like stock.