[Dream Crush] Earlier SGS4 Leak Turns Out to be a Fake

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sgs4-dream-crush-fake.png

Although we are unsurprised about this, we are still saddened by it. The Samsung Galaxy S IV pic and spec leak we shared with you guys earlier in the week turned out to be a big fake. To be honest we figured as much. The two biggest clues (besides the weak photo-shop job) was that the spec list included an Exynos Quad-Core instead of the Exynos 5 Octa-Core we are expecting, plus it also included Bluetooth 5.0, which doesn't even exist yet. In fact, this has been confirmed to be a fan render that was hosted on The Verge's forums two and a half months ago!

It's a shame this phone is purely fictitious... Ah well, perhaps Samsung's "Next Big Thing" will be even better. We can still dream.

Thanks for the tip, wicked!

Last edited:

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
My rule of thumb is that if the pics of the phone make me salivate and take notice chances are that's not what the phone will really look like. These are closer to reality than many other mock-ups I've seen. I'd really love to see a Samsung Galaxy with a brushed aluminium back as apposed to the cheap plasticy look they continue to go with. Maybe one of these days manufactures will get a clue and actually try to make their product look more like what the consumer thinks it should look like. Then again Samsung is selling so many units of the S3 they probably figure it's unnecessary to change their paradigm.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
It may be a fake rendition, but that's basically what it will look like.

I actually think the opposite. I don't think it'll be metal like that and I don't think it'll have front speakers either well at lease not like the ones in the render.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
The only thing I can see from other sources, it won't have a bezel. Again, rumor mill..

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I'm hoping the S4 will be the first in the series that includes the flexible display.