Dragging music files from computer to Droid

OP
R

redart

Reaction score
Digging Deeper

I finally had time to dig deeper into the above problem regarding not being able to play SOME of the music from my itunes library. All files properties are the same except the ones that do not play have (protected) along side of the file format......How would I go about removing that from these files..... thank you all in advance so much. BTW...got the 2.1 update this morning and all is well!!

JayMonster

Reaction score
Welcome the hell that is (or at least was) the world of iTunes DRM. In order to get this songs *UN*DRMed, you will need to burn them to a CD and then Rip them back into MP3s.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I finally had time to dig deeper into the above problem regarding not being able to play SOME of the music from my itunes library. All files properties are the same except the ones that do not play have (protected) along side of the file format......How would I go about removing that from these files..... thank you all in advance so much. BTW...got the 2.1 update this morning and all is well!!

I have albums/songs on my Droid that were originally purchased from iTunes. Copying the music from my PC to any other device besides an Apple device wouldn't allow the songs to play.... but if you BURN the music onto a CD and then rip the CD back onto your computer it no longer has the iTunes stranglehold on the file.... you can play them on any device. I have iTunes downloaded music playing on my Droid right now :)