Double numbers under contacts due to Google AND Backup Assistant

taboo919

Reaction score
Is anyone else having an issue with double numbers because of Backup Assistant and Google? I have my numbers backed up by both, and now when I type in a number halfway it will say 2 matches, even though they are both the same and saved under same name. I went to contacts, menu,display options, and un-clicked backup assistant under choose contacts to display but 2 numbers still pop up! one from gmail, the other from backup. This is extremely annoying. Does anyone know how to prevent this? Is there even a way to? Or will I be stuck with 2 numbers under each name that are exactly the same because they are saved different ways. Also, when managing my favorites widget when I go to text a number it asks which number I want to use, although they are both the same. You can save a preference so it stops asking, but still unnecessary.

Hartsoid

Reaction score
I would suggest using only one source to backup from, depending one what you're more loyal to.

If you never plan on leaving Verizon, aren't too attached to android and might want to change your OS in the future, use BUA.
If you're more loyal to android, BUA is pointless because even with a carrier switch google will have everything stored. To have both is moot IMO.

However, to try and help answer your question, I would select the redundant 2 numbers being shown with BUA and delete or "hide" them. It shouldn't effect the storage on google. I would totally delete my BUA contacts.