Dolphin makes Razr run hot?

eidian

Reaction score
My phone just locked up when I was using Dolphin. I had the phone on the desktop laying at an angle so I was really suprised to see how hot the phone was when I picked it up! I like the multiple tabs but it looks like that browser eats up battery power and makes the phone run really hot.

Has this happened to anyone else?

2.3.6 ver 174 rooted with NO problems

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
My phone just locked up when I was using Dolphin. I had the phone on the desktop laying at an angle so I was really suprised to see how hot the phone was when I picked it up! I like the multiple tabs but it looks like that browser eats up battery power and makes the phone run really hot.

Has this happened to anyone else?

More than likely it is your WIFI radio pulling power that made it hot, and not the app itself.

OP
eidian

eidian

Reaction score
Oh sure, give an answer that makes COMPLETE sense!

Thank you, you just made me a lot smarter because I now realize that that is why my phone got blazing hot last week when I used Netflix. I need to learn that apps utilize components on the phone--they don't function via magic. I appreciate the help. I guess I'll stick with the stock browser for now.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh sure, give an answer that makes COMPLETE sense!

Thank you, you just made me a lot smarter because I now realize that that is why my phone got blazing hot last week when I used Netflix. I need to learn that apps utilize components on the phone--they don't function via magic. I appreciate the help. I guess I'll stick with the stock browser for now.

Actually I do need to apologize. My original response should have said it was likely the 4G radio pulling power and making the battery hot. I have noticed that 4G tends to get hotter than WIFI.

GrmReaper

Reaction score
I use Dolphin regularly, but haven't noticed any temp changes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums