Does the VZW one come with an SD Card?

OP
A

armedmonkey

Reaction score
Just checked. Yeah, so mine's already FAT32. Plug phone in. Set as USB Mass Storage mode. Go to My Computer. Right click on the removable drive that is your phone. Select Properties: Check the file system. If it's not FAT32 then keep reading.
Back in my computer, right click the drive again and do format. Select FAT32. Leave everything else at default. GO:)

* FORMATTING ERASES ALL DATA ON THE SD CARD
** I don't know if you really need to format it. Perhaps SG III will read FAT 16

Sheffy007

Reaction score
armedmonkey said:
Just checked. Yeah, so mine's already FAT32. Plug phone in. Set as USB Mass Storage mode. Go to My Computer. Right click on the removable drive that is your phone. Select Properties: Check the file system. If it's not FAT32 then keep reading.
Back in my computer, right click the drive again and do format. Select FAT32. Leave everything else at default. GO:)

* FORMATTING ERASES ALL DATA ON THE SD CARD
** I don't know if you really need to format it. Perhaps SG III will read FAT 16

I think it will read anything you put in it, but there have been problems with recording and reading from the card if its not formatted properly.

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
ok... so im confused....:blink:

when i get the new SGS3 phone , can i just take my sd card from my Driod X and put it in the new phone WITHOUT doing all of this?

if i have to format my sd card on my computer... will i lose all my data already on the card? :blink:

OP
A

armedmonkey

Reaction score
LadyPhoenix, as I said, formatting will erase all your data. As for your other question, I'm not sure. I'm willing to bet it will read your sd card just as well as the DX. In fact, my DX is already formatted in FAT32. I don't remember if I did it myself or not though. You can easily copy all of your data to your harddrive before formatting. If you need any additional help or guidance on the process (which is really easy, I promise) feel free to PM me. That said, I'd just wait until you get your new phone before doing anything. If it reads it, you're all set.

zacedward

Reaction score
Verizon customer service said the 16 gig don't come with one but the 32 gig does who knows Verizon reps are clueless on anything

OP
A

armedmonkey

Reaction score
TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if 32 gig = 16gig + 16 gig sd. You can get a 32gb sd cor like $20 though, class 6.

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
LadyPhoenix, as I said, formatting will erase all your data. As for your other question, I'm not sure. I'm willing to bet it will read your sd card just as well as the DX. In fact, my DX is already formatted in FAT32. I don't remember if I did it myself or not though. You can easily copy all of your data to your harddrive before formatting. If you need any additional help or guidance on the process (which is really easy, I promise) feel free to PM me. That said, I'd just wait until you get your new phone before doing anything. If it reads it, you're all set.

ok thanks,,, will see what happens with the new phone :)

jgmecarter

Reaction score
armedmonkey said:
TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if 32 gig = 16gig + 16 gig sd. You can get a 32gb sd cor like $20 though, class 6.

would Verizon do that to us?

2ns

Reaction score
My 32GB phone better not be 16GB with a 16GB card!!!:mad::mad::mad:

The verizon page says 32GB internal memory.

kparks

Reaction score
2ns said:
My 32GB phone better not be 16GB with a 16GB card!!!:mad::mad::mad:

The verizon page says 32GB internal memory.

Hahaha that would be absolutely hilarious!! but im sure it will be 32 internal

jgmecarter

Reaction score
First Verizon adds a 30 dollar upgrade fee. now they are trying to get people out of their unlimited plan with the family share plan. And next month Verizon will surprise the people like myself who bought a 32 gig SGS3 with a 16 gig SGS3 and and a 16 gig memory card. O how I love Verizon

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
I ordered the 16GB so I'll be buying the 64GB and have around 80GB depending on how much you really get with the 16GB on board.

2ns

Reaction score
Just did a live chat with a Samsung rep. "Daniel" checked and said it does not come with a sd card!:angry:

2ns

Reaction score
Either way its internal..memory card goes IN the phone....lmao..

The original point of the thread is whether or not the card is included. The bit about the 32gb being split with a card was basically a joke based on verizon's business practices.