Dock and Extended Battery?

ExodusC

Reaction score
Out of curiousity, has anyone used the Droid 2 Global, with extended battery in one of the docks?

Not only that, from what I understand, there are two official Motorola docks. One for the Droid 1, and one for the Droid 2 (but either phone works in either), is that correct?

I'm really considering a dock for night time use, but I want to ensure my Droid 2 Global will actually fit.

Anyone using a dock? How is it?

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Fission using the DroidForums app.

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Ive got the droid 2 dock. It works well. The D2 dock has a clip that pops out to allow extra room if you have a case. Using a case mine fits fine. The case even bulges out over the battery compartment so there shouldnt be a clearance issue with the extended battery using this dock

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

tebower

Reaction score
Moto appears to have specifically designed the new dock to fit enlarged devices, whether through a case or a battery. It's very nice.

mrmattch3w

Reaction score
if youre not using a case, you can also use the cheaper, but still 100% functional droid 1 dock.

edit* standard or extended battery

OP
E

ExodusC

Reaction score
if youre not using a case, you can also use the cheaper, but still 100% functional droid 1 dock.

edit* standard or extended battery
This was actually my plan-- since both docks appear to be functionally the same (correct me if I'm wrong), I was going to get the Droid 1 dock because I think it looks nicer.

I don't use a case, but I do have the BP7X extended battery. Will this fit in either dock? That's my main concern.

mrmattch3w

Reaction score
it fits fine =]...with the exception of the R2-D2 dock...i also think the droid 1 dock looks cooler with the textured aluminum...metaly plating

OP
E

ExodusC

Reaction score
it fits fine =]...with the exception of the R2-D2 dock...i also think the droid 1 dock looks cooler with the textured aluminum...metaly plating

Well, I think I'll be picking up a Droid 1 dock then, I definitely prefer its styling.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Fission using the DroidForums app.

rweb

Reaction score
I recommend you go to a shop and try it out, first. It fits into a Droid 1 dock, but it fits much smoother to a Droid 2 one.
The Droid 1 dock wasn't designed for the extended battery.