1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Dock and Extended Battery?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by ExodusC, Feb 3, 2011.

1. ExodusC

ExodusC New Member

Out of curiousity, has anyone used the Droid 2 Global, with extended battery in one of the docks?

Not only that, from what I understand, there are two official Motorola docks. One for the Droid 1, and one for the Droid 2 (but either phone works in either), is that correct?

I'm really considering a dock for night time use, but I want to ensure my Droid 2 Global will actually fit.

Anyone using a dock? How is it?

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Fission using the DroidForums app.
  2. Ultim8gamr

Ultim8gamr Beta Team

Ive got the droid 2 dock. It works well. The D2 dock has a clip that pops out to allow extra room if you have a case. Using a case mine fits fine. The case even bulges out over the battery compartment so there shouldnt be a clearance issue with the extended battery using this dock

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
  3. tebower

tebower New Member

Moto appears to have specifically designed the new dock to fit enlarged devices, whether through a case or a battery. It's very nice.
  4. mrmattch3w

mrmattch3w New Member

if youre not using a case, you can also use the cheaper, but still 100% functional droid 1 dock.

edit* standard or extended battery
  5. ExodusC

ExodusC New Member

This was actually my plan-- since both docks appear to be functionally the same (correct me if I'm wrong), I was going to get the Droid 1 dock because I think it looks nicer.

I don't use a case, but I do have the BP7X extended battery. Will this fit in either dock? That's my main concern.
  6. mrmattch3w

mrmattch3w New Member

it fits fine =]...with the exception of the R2-D2 dock...i also think the droid 1 dock looks cooler with the textured aluminum...metaly plating
  7. ExodusC

ExodusC New Member

Well, I think I'll be picking up a Droid 1 dock then, I definitely prefer its styling.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Fission using the DroidForums app.
  8. rweb

rweb New Member

I recommend you go to a shop and try it out, first. It fits into a Droid 1 dock, but it fits much smoother to a Droid 2 one.
    The Droid 1 dock wasn't designed for the extended battery.
Search tags for this page

charging dock for motorola bp7x batteries