is there really an extended battery for D2G? think again

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
ok any of u VZW reps, question for u:
online as well as the store says extended battery for the Droid 2 global is available. ok so I bought one on black friday. when I got it #1 the battery sticks out #2 the back door that came with it is black, my global is WHITE!!! as stated on my order form! ok fine, call vzw to get supposedly a correct battery & white backdoor. ok 4 days later, today, I opened the box, looked at the battery...guess what??? same damn thing! first rep says no no it will fit. we will send u a correct one. bologna!!! this new rep says, ma'am I just tried the extended battery in another D2G phone and it doesn't fit. so he says, ma'am the stock # is the same, I don't understand.
well now I AM stuck with 2 ext battery with model BP7X that only fits Droid 2 NOT Global!!!
so why are you saying it is compatible when it really isn't? let alone send me the same damn color when my global is white??? and....the battery is too thick to sit in the phone.
who else has this problem? VZW is hearing from me as well as Motorola!

Aloha from Hawaii ... via D2G

shagoyjo

Reaction score
Erm.....I'm equally confused. The bp7x should fit the Droid, Droid 2, AND Droid 2 Global. Is it the battery or the door that doesn't fit?

atwong66

Reaction score
I have the black D2G and the extended battery fits. It does stick out a little, but the new door covers it up.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
The extended battery is larger and requires another backdoor. The problem you're having is a color match ordering issue, not a battery size issue. The door that comes with it has a bump to allow the extra space the battery takes.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. the rep tried it on his and it barely fit inside the phone. the door cover definitely does not fit. so im not coocoo lol...I think its that particular model or perhaps my d2g. I go back today to see return both batteries cause neither is working for me and I got charged twice....

leobg

Reaction score
This is the one your should have ordered:
Set Your Location

Just click the link and set location. It should work.

Picture looks exactly as what it supposed to be. Interestingly - Verizon site says NOT compatible with Droid 2 Global :). But someone on the forum said R2D2 one matches perfectly with the white D2G.

I am also on the market for BP7X with the right battery lid for the white D2G. As I am not in the US right now, it is not as easy as going to the local store and checking out/buying the right one. Will be happy if we get solid confirmation on this

As a note to the OP - as it was already mentioned above - Droid 1, Droid 2 and Droid 2 Global all use exactly the same batteries. (BP6X). Battery lids(covers) are also interchangeable between the 3 (not that they match color wise!). BP7X sticks couple of millimeters - this is why the replacement "extended" lid is required.

OP
Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
ok here is the latest....Motorola says they did not come out with the ext battery for the D2G....YET!!! WTH???? LOL who's cracking up Motorola or Verizon? im just getting my $$ back...gee

OP
Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
yes the original battery is perfect for all but really confused on the ext battery with the correct cover....if there is such.

This is the one your should have ordered:
Set Your Location

Just click the link and set location. It should work.

Picture looks exactly as what it supposed to be. Interestingly - Verizon site says NOT compatible with Droid 2 Global :). But someone on the forum said R2D2 one matches perfectly with the white D2G.

I am also on the market for BP7X with the right battery lid for the white D2G. As I am not in the US right now, it is not as easy as going to the local store and checking out/buying the right one. Will be happy if we get solid confirmation on this

As a note to the OP - as it was already mentioned above - Droid 1, Droid 2 and Droid 2 Global all use exactly the same batteries. (BP6X). Battery lids(covers) are also interchangeable between the 3 (not that they match color wise!). BP7X sticks couple of millimeters - this is why the replacement "extended" lid is required.

OP
Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
tried it barely fits. now the vzw rep sent it and insist it will work. read newest info I got from Motorola rep

I have the black D2G and the extended battery fits. It does stick out a little, but the new door covers it up.

OP
Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
returned both extended batteries. here's one last problem, vzw could not find the first order. I handed them the receipt with the invoice # and it seems that the order doesn't exist. I better get my $$ back.

vAllende

Reaction score
What you want is the r2d2 extended kit. Matches perfect and the increase is very useful

44e337bb-af70-4733.jpg
44e337bb-afcd-a699.jpg
44e337bb-b01f-5000.jpg

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
sorry but that battery picture is the regular battery I already have. Motorola rep said they have not made an ext battery yet for the global. Droid 2 may fit but snuggly but they don't recommend using it & there is no back door built yet.
thanks for checking

vAllende

Reaction score
Umm no what you see is the original door and battery and on the end the extended door and battery, I actually slid the extended lid right off my d2g using another extended battery as I have 3

So it works perfect trust me; Verizon reps aren't too bright often times

aefe1028-b589-68cb.jpg

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk