Do you love miui?

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
Well I just installed the super new Rom and absolutely love it! There are so many things about it I am discovering. I want to know how everyone else feels about it. Feedback is good

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I love the IDEA of MIUI however there is a lot of work that needs to be done on it before I'll go back to it. There needs to be a dialer interface for the car dock.. battery life needs to be improved... the camera needs work.

Just a few of the things that made me decide to SBF back to stock for now.

However, it is gorgeous and fast as hell. It will be my #1 choice if they are able to clear up these issues.

OP
WilfulHippo

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
My camera works fine with no mods I can do 720p vidzzz and damn good fotos. Also the dialer thing don't matter cause in my country everything has to be hands free ex: Bluetooth assisted voice dialing which is so gayyy but overall I love the Rom it is super customizable

clouse2013

Reaction score
I personally didn't care for it at all. Ill agree that it is fast and stable, also looks good too. I just thought it takes away from android. It looks very iphonish to me and I don't like how there are no Widgets. Not bashing on MIUI, I respect that other people may like it, but its not my style. It did run well tho.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I personally didn't care for it at all. Ill agree that it is fast and stable, also looks good too. I just thought it takes away from android. It looks very iphonish to me and I don't like how there are no Widgets. Not bashing on MIUI, I respect that other people may like it, but its not my style. It did run well tho.

Ok, but there are widgets.
I also am not the biggest fan of it because I have to scroll through tons of pages to get to my apps.

I never realized what a help an app drawer can be.

Also the iPhone/Touchwiz look isn't my favorite.

But overall it's a fast and customizable ROM. So it's gotta be decent at least.

jonlutz217

Reaction score

Don't take this as rude cuz its not. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Honestly I like liquid the most however battery life made me leave. But you guys need to look at miui a little deeper. First of all battery is TWICE as good as any cm base rom I've tried. I know it various per phone but this is by far the best. second, there ARE widgets? Idk how that was missed. Third, be honest, almost every person who plays around with their android uses a third party launcher. Using one on miui gets rid if that "iphone feel" that so many just hate, and you get your app drawer back. Last, this is by far the most customizable rom as well! Check out gadgetdesire.com for some great theming! Overall this rom is great. No bugs either. Everyone should at least give it a test run.. Oh and donate to framework ;)

Reaction score
I am loving this rom! Fat and stable and looking good too. I haven't found anything that does not work which is more than I can say for any other Rom I have tried. Widgets are there and work perfectly. At first I didn't like that there was no app drawer but taking the time to group similar apps in folders makes a world of difference. The only thing missing is that the cameras are not up to par yet but I am sure that will come in due time. Besides the speed and overall ui, I love the ease of customizing with themes.

pdc419

Reaction score
I really love the idea of it but the performance of it on MY phone is terrible compared to liquids roms. If it was par I would definitely run it full time.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

kc5tdr

Reaction score
I tried it for like an hour and hated it. To much like the iPhone and it seems to really slow down my phone. I am sticking with SSX!

OP
WilfulHippo

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
I can get used to it much more than blur and you have to take into consideration that it is a Chinese made rom and there is alot of differences they like I could say but I think it is much more clean than others so I will give it a time and i am just going to compile a aosp Rom with no changes and as simple as can be and release it. Would you guys like it?