Do you have insurance...

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have Asurion. Well worth it. My phone was stolen last week. Asurion charged me $89 and I had it the next day. No way I'll ever go without it.

JCo352

Reaction score
I have Geek Squad insurance and it DOES cover water damage.

RedBull

Reaction score
The biggest problem with the Best Buy insurance versus the Asurion provided by VZW, is Asurion will replace your device for lost, stolen, physical OR water damage. The Best Buy insurance does not cover water damage. That's a big one for me, because on a personal basis I had to use insurance once when I got a phone wet.

Not true...it does cover water/liquid damage. I had to replace a phone (BlackBerry...ewww) for a customer after a beer was spilled on it, didn't saturate it, but it did enough to kill it. It's in writing on their literature that it'll cover spillage. It just doesn't cover full submersion. But I'm not sure VZW or Asurion covers full submersion.

And you're right...we don't cover theft/loss. We have to be licensed as an insurance company to have that attached to the service plan. They're working on it...it's in a test market back east right now.