Do not purchase new LG watch style

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's battery only last 9-12 hours on full charge.

From The LG Watch Style is a very basic Android Wear 2.0 device
"Its 240mAh battery, which is rated to last "all day," barely survives a full workday, much less 24 hours. On a busy day with frequent notifications and a moderate amount of testing, the Style conked out nine hours after being fully recharged. With less-intensive use, the device made it through close to 12 hours, which means you'll still have to plug it back in about twice per day. Compared to the existing smartwatches that typically last about one and a half to two days, the Style's endurance is its biggest drawback."

That's unacceptable, simple as that.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Seriously disappointing. And I really thought Quick charge would be on all new watches after Asus implemented it. Doesn't look like these or the new Huawei have it. If you don't need NFC, looks like Asus is still the one to beat.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
While that's sad, who here has a phone's battery last the first full day?

You're setting it up, using the screen, if nothing else, more than usual. You're playing with it. It's optimizing to your usage.

These initial reports aren't great, but I'm waiting for the reviews after a week or two. Although, I'm still not in the market for a new watch.

Sent from my Pixel XL

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Are you serious? Some people complain that you have to charge it daily. Now twice daily? Unacceptable.
I do agree that it is early. Sounds like this guy used it for like 2 days. But a full day is absolutely the minimum these watches need to go.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't disagree, but I know how fast I kill the battery on a new device in the first day or two.

At least a full, long day is a must. My Urbane makes it 2 a vast majority of the time, but I'm also not wearing it from sun up until bedtime...

Sent from my Pixel XL

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My S1 was rated at "all day" only but I manage to get between 2 and 3 days of wearing it from before sunup to well after sundown. Non essential radios on auto, screen bright on auto and dark wallpapers made a huge difference in battery life vs how it was set up from the box.
Since we can't feasibly get a 3k mah battery in them is like to see some form of eco-drive , be it a solar sensor or motion/kinetic in the future. I have a portable battery & flashlight that is both solar and plug in. The solar takes 18 hours of full sun to charge the 5200 mah battery from empty but in reality it's a nice "topper" to the plug in in my uses. I'd like to see that in a smartwatch at some point.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like these or the new Huawei have it. If you don't need NFC, looks like Asus is still the one to beat.

I'm debating if I need NFC. Suppose I would like it, but it's only available on watches I'm interested in that have LTE....and I'm not thrilled about an extra $5 a month for functionality I don't need (assume I could cancel the watch plan after a month?).

Otherwise, I think my leading contender would be the Polar M600 (which runs AW 2.0). But I may lean toward the LG Urbane 2 LTE, which I think is the best-looking of the bunch for what I want.

Probably going to wait until I can get my hands on the LG Sport to a make a decision.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Are you serious? Some people complain that you have to charge it daily. Now twice daily? Unacceptable.

What's surprising is the LG Style doesn't really do much compared to newer watches with GPS, HR monitor, etc....

Even with that battery, to only get 9-12 hours on a single charge has to be a software issue.