Dl30 vs. Eb01 froyos

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Eb01 has removed several things from the dl30 leak with what we all love.

-Samsung keyboard
-free of bloatware
-Google.... yes, eb01 has bing
-what Verizon would bring out.....
-bigger list to come, just the basics ones I've reviewed for now

Highly recc. the dl30 to all you fascinate owners. Really easy to do as well....

If you got more for my list please post.

rockin froyo:
super clean 1.0
dark theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

plumblucky

Reaction score
Ok I know this is a noob questio, but what kernels does Dl30 work with.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
Jamis0n

Jamis0n

Reaction score
There is a new cw that needs to be ran with, but to access the install of the kernal you need to flash a sub kernal. If you find the dl30 tutorial, it will show what to download.

rockin froyo:
super clean 1.0
dark theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...o-rom-leak-dl30-leak-aosp-lockscreen-mod.html

this is the DL30 leak and 2.6.32.9 kernel all in one that you would flash in new CWMR...there are no other kernels available for DL30 builds as far as i know...
EB01 was released yesterday and DL30 is the buggy version of this...i suggest EB01 and there are Voodoo and nonVoodoo 2.6.32.9 kernels available....in the dev section there are ODIN packages for EB01 and a manual walkthrough if you want to do it that way

hope this helps a little

OP
Jamis0n

Jamis0n

Reaction score

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...o-rom-leak-dl30-leak-aosp-lockscreen-mod.html

this is the DL30 leak and 2.6.32.9 kernel all in one that you would flash in new CWMR...there are no other kernels available for DL30 builds as far as i know...
EB01 was released yesterday and DL30 is the buggy version of this...i suggest EB01 and there are Voodoo and nonVoodoo 2.6.32.9 kernels available....in the dev section there are ODIN packages for EB01 and a manual walkthrough if you want to do it that way

hope this helps a little

Thank you for my corrections
rockin froyo:
super clean 1.0
dark theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

fordee11

Reaction score
Eb01 has removed several things from the dl30 leak with what we all love.

-Samsung keyboard
-free of bloatware
-Google.... yes, eb01 has bing
-what Verizon would bring out.....
-bigger list to come, just the basics ones I've reviewed for now

Highly recc. the dl30 to all you fascinate owners. Really easy to do as well....

If you got more for my list please post.

rockin froyo:
super clean 1.0
dark theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

Is the GPS any better on EB01 than DL09? DL09 gets stuck searching for gps like it used to.

OP
Jamis0n

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Everything wrong with the phone is now right with the 2.4 super clean eb01

rockin:
sc nv eb01 v2.4 rom
midnight 1.1 theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

OP
Jamis0n

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Also to reinstate... eb01 is better.

rockin:
sc nv eb01 v2.4 rom
midnight 1.1 theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

fordee11

Reaction score

rockin:
sc nv eb01 v2.4 rom
midnight 1.1 theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

what do you mean by this?

forstir9

Reaction score
Okay hmmmmm! I put DL30 on my phone. What would I needed to do to put EB01 on it now. Would I still go through Odin?

Froyo 2.2 thanks to the devs

OP
Jamis0n

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Yes Odin the new modem.tar.
Battery lasts forever GPS ie snappy.
Dl30 is buggy. I posted this when eb01 was at 2.0

rockin:
sc nv eb01 v2.4 rom
midnight 1.1 theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

forstir9

Reaction score
I know you posted it. I keep up with all the posts but I am not too sure what is involved from where I am now. It was easy to follow directions when I had a stock phone. Now it's no longer stock and I am not sure if I follow directions like I did before or will I need to skip some of it because I am already rooted. I really don't look forward to losing all my data either. If it's easy to get everything back then that is fine but I haven't done it yet so I don't know how easy it will be. What seems easy to one person another person could struggle at it.

Froyo 2.2 thanks to the devs

forstir9

Reaction score
Thank you for all your help jamis0n. I went with the super clean 2.4. I lost all my apps that I didn't pay for but that's okay because it was my fault. I downloaded appbrain but I never registered with them. I love EB01 without all the bloat. My phone its so responsive now. My benchmark scores are double what I was getting with DL30. The whole layout including my app drawer is nothing short of beautiful. I have no reason to download launcherpro. I do however need to download ringtones seeing how there is only one to chose from.

Volones

Reaction score

This is a pretty global statement, and I don't fully agree with it. Let me explain...

I would consider myself to be a light - moderate user of my phone. I do around 160 texts a month, play some games, read some ebooks, make a few phone calls per week, use google nav a couple times per week, and use the calendar and battery widgets, but that's about it. Because I live on the fringe of reception, I put my phone in airplane mode at night, instead of turning it off so the alarm will work in the morning (and yes, I do love the bloat-clock a lot!). I also use RunKeeperPro to keep track of my running with its gps route and auto-uploading to their website.

I rooted and installed the SC2.1 rom, then the Deodexed (sp?) rom, the SC2.4 rom and finally the stock EB01 bloated rom. Not one of them gave me the same level of confidence I had with 2.1 Eclair.
My main concerns were battery life and sleep state (for lack of a better term). With 2.1 Eclair, my phone will drop 1% overnight (with airplane mode on), but with every 2.2 Froyo rom I tried, the battery would drop from 12% - 20% overnight (also with airplane mode on). From what I could gather using SpareParts, the display was on all the time (even with the screen off), and the phone never slept.
My other huge issue was that the phone acted like it rebooted when I was running. Not a huge issue unless you are trying to keep track of your total distance, time and pace at the time (which I was).
A smaller issue, but still important to me was the loss of the bloat-clock that gave me a countdown timer and gently increasing volume alarm. The countdown timer I found a suitable replacement for (setting the time was more annoying, but only slightly), but due to the loss of the hidden menus (which allowed changes in the volume steps), I was not able to find a replacement alarm clock that would start out at 0% volume and slowly increase the volume like the bloat-clock did (but I found a lot of them that would go from silent to step 1 which was way too loud for me). The only one I found that could do this fought with the stock alarm clock and that didn't help my battery life at all.

Having said all that (and I appreciate your patience with my wordiness), I went back to 2.1 Eclair and enjoy a wonderful phone that does everything I need it to do, and it does it all beautifully. Do I miss the themes? YES! Do I miss the accurate battery in the status bar? YES! But I can't accept the poor battery life I had, and the glitchy sleep/not sleep/reboot whateverness I had with 2.2 Froyo (even the stock rom).

It seems to me that a moderate - heavy phone user that plugs their phone in overnight would not see a difference in battery life at all, and for them Froyo would be a very nice improvement, the phone is much faster, nav volume is louder, and the black status bar is beautiful. I'm just not that user, and I really hope that when the OTA update comes out, I don't have problems again.

Good Luck, and have fun with your phones!

Last edited:

wolfman4u

Reaction score
I have a quick question about custom roms. I have an unrooted phone, and i have purchased several "aftermarket" batteries, and as we all know they don't work properly or charge at all in the phone. My question is, being rooted with a custom ROM, does the custom ROM programing discard all the non compatable battery issues, and another issue has popped up since the last update, it won't allow you to take pictures when your battery is in the low orange state which is a ways away from the flashing red state. I got "bit" on this the other day and missed a picture i needed due to low battery. Just curious about the custom ROM's in this regard. Hope this isn't too far off topic.