Dl30 vs. Eb01 froyos

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a quick question about custom roms. I have an unrooted phone, and i have purchased several "aftermarket" batteries, and as we all know they don't work properly or charge at all in the phone. My question is, being rooted with a custom ROM, does the custom ROM programing discard all the non compatable battery issues, and another issue has popped up since the last update, it won't allow you to take pictures when your battery is in the low orange state which is a ways away from the flashing red state. I got "bit" on this the other day and missed a picture i needed due to low battery. Just curious about the custom ROM's in this regard. Hope this isn't too far off topic.

I have this same issue as I have a 3500mah battery I cant use on my current setup....you can use these aftermarket batteries on Eclair 2.1 by running a VooDoo kernel that supports these 'aftermarket' batteries....SirGatez originated the hack for the Fascinate in his VooDoo kernels for DJ05/DL09 2.1 roms....i can confirm they work as I had used them for months when I was running 2.1...
Sadly, the 2.2 source codes have not been released and who knows when they will be....until then i cant use this aftermarket battery with Froyo...sorry

wolfman4u

Reaction score
I have the 3500 I carry for a spare but it never has charged or worked correctly in the phone. The battery that came with the phone lacks about an hour a day in making it. I have used many of tips provided on here to get this far I used to only make it about 12 hours. I think my battery life is pretty good but I will post my average usage and see if the replays show me above or below average. Phone calls about 90 mind per day. Send about 20 texts a day and receive about 40. Get about 20 emails a day and respond to about half. Use Facebook about 20 minutes per day and make about 5 posts. Use android news and other forums about hour and a half. Standby rest of the time. I would be very happy to make it a full day. The 3500 wont make a whole day either because the power saving features are not compatible. For example if I hit the button and put it in standby, screen goes off and all is well but if I receive a text it all turns on and stays on till I check it again.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the 3500 I carry for a spare but it never has charged or worked correctly in the phone. The battery that came with the phone lacks about an hour a day in making it. I have used many of tips provided on here to get this far I used to only make it about 12 hours. I think my battery life is pretty good but I will post my average usage and see if the replays show me above or below average. Phone calls about 90 mind per day. Send about 20 texts a day and receive about 40. Get about 20 emails a day and respond to about half. Use Facebook about 20 minutes per day and make about 5 posts. Use android news and other forums about hour and a half. Standby rest of the time. I would be very happy to make it a full day. The 3500 wont make a whole day either because the power saving features are not compatible. For example if I hit the button and put it in standby, screen goes off and all is well but if I receive a text it all turns on and stays on till I check it again.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

yea the Fascinate eats battery, thats for sure but with the 3500mah on 2.1 and overclocked VooDoo kernel @ 1.3ghz I had really awesome battery life....i did not experience any of the issues you speak of with the screen coming on and staying on etc....it charged fine and seemed to work fine for me so im just waiting for the source codes for Froyo to be released so I can use the da** thing again lol