1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Disappointing battery life after GB update?

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by Khiraji, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Khiraji

Khiraji Member

My battery life was a bit pitiful after the GB update. After freezing everything I could in Titanium Backup, re-calibrating the battery, and uninstalling/reinstalling some power management apps, I was at a bit of a loss. My battery life was still sub-par; I used to get at least a full day out of my extended battery, but now I was averaging 35-40% by the end of an average work day.

Through all of this, I'd been noticing my launcher (ADW pro) was re-drawing constantly. Annoying, but didn't seem like a major power drainer. Out of boredom and curiosity, I switched over to GO Launcher... and have since seen a dramatic improvement in battery life. Also, I find that GO Launcher is prettier, smoother and has more interesting themes. No more constant re-drawing, homescreen navigation feels a lot faster, and GO Launcher has some other fun features too.

If anyone else out there is having woes with battery life, and are using ADW, give GO a try. Back up your settings first so that you can revert if there's no perceivable change.

/$.02
Search tags for this page

droid pro battery worse after update