Disabling screen lock enabled by Fox Fi set up...help

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Went to use FoxFi and it now requires a screen lock to be set up(???). I did and now I can't undo it. The choice for "no lock" is grayed out now. Short of a factory reset anyone know of a fix. This really pisses me off!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Went to use FoxFi and it now requires a screen lock to be set up(???). I did and now I can't undo it. The choice for "no lock" is grayed out now. Short of a factory reset anyone know of a fix. This really pisses me off!

From what I read once before, every time you use FoxFi you have to follow it's screen lock protocol. To clear it, try: Settings > Security > Screen Lock > Clear credentials. The Screen lock options should now be select-able. The way I understand it though, every time you use FoxFi you will have to have a screen lock and then follow these steps to clear the screen lock it put in place.

OP
B

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Got it figured out.
Enter in a pattern screen code(whether you set up another type or not). Enter it in wrong 5 times, then the phone will give you the option to enter your Google account and password. This eliminates any pass code you set up and keeps the certificates for FoxFi.

trillonometry

Reaction score
Got it figured out.
Enter in a pattern screen code(whether you set up another type or not). Enter it in wrong 5 times, then the phone will give you the option to enter your Google account and password. This eliminates any pass code you set up and keeps the certificates for FoxFi.

Great. Yeah they actually explain it on the app description in the Play Store

OP
B

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
That's where I got it. I got so used to descriptions being just crap that I never look at them any more. I decided to read theirs. They seem to be on top of things.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Great. Yeah they actually explain it on the app description in the Play Store

Thanks for pointing that out, that's good to know. I am not using FoxFi currently, but definitely good to know. That changed at some point because there app page used to state that you had to clear the credentials to remove the lock screen. I'm glad you found a simpler way bigbadwulff.

How does it work on the M?

OP
B

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Works fine. I rarely use it. Usually to get i-phone users a signal.....ahem :)