Can't turn off Screen Lock on Droid DNA 4.1.1

CreativeSparkle

Reaction score
Previous to Saturday I didn't have screen lock on and I've had my Droid since mid January. During the installation of FoX-Fi I was required to create a pattern screen lock. I've tried everything I can think of and I can't remove the screen lock. So far I've done the following:
  • tried looking in Settings > Security > Screen Security and there isn't a check box to turn it off
  • turned off Wi-Fi
  • deleted credentials
  • uninstalled FoX-Fi
  • rebooted
  • checked screen security again and there isn't a toggle for on and off
Is there some way to get rid of the screen lock without rooting my phone?

tia
Wendee

smokey0118

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me. Here's how you change it.
1) open "settings"
2) open "security"
3) click on "screen lock"
4) enter your pin where it says "confirm your PIN"
5) click "next"
6) Click whatever screen lock you want. Your choices are "none", "face unlock", "pattern", "PIN", and "password". It sounds like you want "none".

problem fixed.

lgtrumpet

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me. Here's how you change it.
1) open "settings"
2) open "security"
3) click on "screen lock"
4) enter your pin where it says "confirm your PIN"
5) click "next"
6) Click whatever screen lock you want. Your choices are "none", "face unlock", "pattern", "PIN", and "password". It sounds like you want "none".

problem fixed.

Same thing happened to me after choosing g to use Fox Fi hot spot. I chose PIN. Now I cannot go back to "none" for screen lock. The toggles are greyed out. No choice to choose "none". What can be done? Obviously Fox Fi is the culprit, as it said a screen lock was necessary to choose in order to perform. Shoulda' forgot FoxFi!! Does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks.

smokey0118

Reaction score
I forgot to mention you've first got to "clear credentials" in the security settings menu in order to have the option to turn it off.

heath223

Reaction score
Thanks just had this happen as well.

I stopped at this screen though.

It says if you proceed it can intercept all network traffic......you can run the risk of having your data comprimised by malicious software.

Is this normal? Looks kinda odd to me. I just put FoxFi on a Note 2 a couple weeks ago and did not have to go through any of this crap.

pita44

Reaction score
Previous to Saturday I didn't have screen lock on and I've had my Droid since mid January. During the installation of FoX-Fi I was required to create a pattern screen lock. I've tried everything I can think of and I can't remove the screen lock. So far I've done the following:
  • tried looking in Settings > Security > Screen Security and there isn't a check box to turn it off
  • turned off Wi-Fi
  • deleted credentials
  • uninstalled FoX-Fi
  • rebooted
  • checked screen security again and there isn't a toggle for on and off
Is there some way to get rid of the screen lock without rooting my phone?

tia
Wendee

Wendee:
Exact same happened to me. It's a shoddy system to be sure. Enter the number incorrectly multiple times, when it comes up, choose Forgot Pin? It will then ask you to log into your Google account. After that it will offer up the ability to disable the screen.
Pita

mrsdm

Reaction score
It worked!!!

I forgot to mention you've first got to "clear credentials" in the security settings menu in order to have the option to turn it off.

Thank you so much!!! I have been trying for over a year to get this lock screen off my Droid and thankfully it is now off!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

pita44

Reaction score
You are my savior. Clearing Credentials was the key. I can't thank you enough! It's such a minor issue but drives a person bat-sh**-crazy. Peace