Disable pre-installed apps

09lobo10

Reaction score
Does anybody know if disabling pre-installed apps will affect the note 2? I have disabled the following pre-installed apps: Favorite Apps, Favorite Contacts, Google Play Movies&TV, Media Hub, Music Hub, NFL Mobile, Verizon Tones, Yahoo! Finance, Yahoo! News, and YouTube. I also unchecked the notification area for each app. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

xtor

Reaction score
I disabled the same one's with no problems

sent from a note yee (2)

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
As with most apps, when you disable it it warns you that it may affect something else. Most of the time it lies. ;)

But if something does get wacky remember what you disabled.

xtor

Reaction score
As with most apps, when you disable it it warns you that it may affect something else. Most of the time it lies. ;)

But if something does get wacky remember what you disabled.

Got it

sent from a note yee (2)

Uncle700

Reaction score
Been trying to remember how to disable apps, but it has left my brain. been to a couple of apps and can see the disable button but it is greyed out. Where do you go to disable? Thanks.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Been trying to remember how to disable apps, but it has left my brain. been to a couple of apps and can see the disable button but it is greyed out. Where do you go to disable? Thanks.

The app manager in settings. Tap on the app. If there is an "uninstall updates" button, uninstall and it will display disable.