Is it okay to uninstall or disable apps that came from stock?

junmyao

Reaction score
I notice that there are many apps that I would never use that were originally installed in the Maxx. I'm thinking that if I uninstall the Play Golf, Madden, blockbuster apps and disable Amazon Kindle, Facebook, NFL mobile, and Google+ apps, this would increase my battery life. Would this be helpful or harmful? I'm currently averaging about 15-25hrs battery life, so I figured this can't make it any worse.

AirJunky

Reaction score
I don't know that it changes your battery life. It basically removes the icons from the desktop & from the Apps folder. Plus the system doesn't try & update them any more. I have disabled quite a few of them without any issues.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I notice that there are many apps that I would never use that were originally installed in the Maxx. I'm thinking that if I uninstall the Play Golf, Madden, blockbuster apps and disable Amazon Kindle, Facebook, NFL mobile, and Google+ apps, this would increase my battery life. Would this be helpful or harmful? I'm currently averaging about 15-25hrs battery life, so I figured this can't make it any worse.

I have all of those apps either uninstalled or disabled... it hasn't hurt my device. Try it and see if it does anything for your battery life.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have disabled all those and a few more. I did read somewhere about possibley needing to reenable them for any updates to the OS but I can't remember where or if it was true or not. So YMMV.