1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Digitizer Unresponsive

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by gezus_k, Jul 26, 2012.

1. gezus_k

gezus_k New Member

I've seen dozens of similar posts with no solution, but I'm not ready to give up yet...
    I recently purchased a used Droid 3 with a cracked screen but in otherwise perfectly working condition. Ordered a new digitizer, took it all apart and replaced the cracked one, phone starts fine but I have no touch control (I can power off the phone using the keypad), took everything apart again to make sure all connections were secure, put it back together, still nothing...
    I disassembled the phone for a third time to re-install the cracked glass, still no touch control (phone boots fine with keyboard)...
    I only see one connection between the digitizer and the ribbon on the back of the lcd, and one connection between that ribbon and the motherboard, all connections are tight and I see no damage anywhere... I'm lost, is there something I could be over looking, is there some way to maybe run an error test over a usb connection, has anybody experiencing similar issues found a solution?
Search tags for this page
digitizer replace unresponsive keyboartd
digitizer unresponsive

droid 3 digitizer

droid 3 digitizer not working

droid 3 new digitizer install
droid 3 replaced digitizer not working

droid 3 unresponsive

droid digitizer bad but is not cracked
not working after i replaced digitizer on motorola droid 3 x

replaced digitizer and still unresponsive

replaced digitizer still not working galaxy s3