Difficulty with messaging. Please advise.

jessaw1981

Reaction score
First off I had a Droid Eris. I had nothing but trouble out if that thing. I am not hard on phones , it was just crap IMO. They (Verizon ) sent me a Droid incredible. Now with the Eris my texts were going to people that were NOT selected. So after 4 phones they sent the incredible. I really like to have a signature line. I was using Verizon message app from market. Well yesterday I replied tons mms message it replied to everyone SHE (my friend ) sent it to besides my self. I have reply in checked in settings. Usually when I do this there's not an option when you reply to "reply to all " but since yesterday it been replying to all. Very very bad lol what can I use that's good. I have used hand cent. But it sent to people not selected to. I am running regular software to if that helps.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Pixiefrogw

Reaction score
If you read the user reviews on the Market for V Cast Messages other people are having that same problem. I'd start using another messaging program until they get it fixed.

CursedArmand

Reaction score
I was using Verizon message app from market.

There's your first problem. All VZ apps are worthless and possibly a rope to get more $ off of you. I personally don't trust them because there is a chance that you could activate a recurring charge somewhere and not even know it. I had ringback tones for a year in 2007 and didn't even realize it until I was ready for an upgrade (it's just $12, but still the principle!).

Try a different messaging app. The stock HTC Messages app is fine. I personally use Handcent SMS on my brother's suggestion and never looked back. Just remember to turn off notifications on any other SMS app that you are not going to use so you won't get double (or triple) notifications

kramer56

Reaction score
I just installed handscent how do i get only that one to for msg. now both are recieving the messages

-iD

Reaction score
Read the last sentence in the post above yours.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kramer56

Reaction score
lol i did that, I was using ringo lite as well but dont no how to turn it off. i force closed it but didnt want to uninstall it incase i dont like handscent.

kwansley

Reaction score
I too am having issues messaging... MMS to be exact. I'm using handcent and can not send any videos that I take with my phone. At first I thought the problem was I was recording at 720p, then changed it to WVGA and that didn't work. I then changed it to VGA and that didn't work either. All videos I have been trying to send have been under 30 seconds.

Any thoughts? Is there a setting I'm aware of that would keep me from being able to send videos or should I just use the lowest quality setting?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To disable double notifications, make sure you disable the 'notifcations' in the stock messaging (or any other messaging app you have that is not the one you intend to use solely). Also make sure you disable 'auto-retrieve' in the stock messaging app when using a 3rd party.

Handcent has the option to change the max MMS size... Settings > Send Message Settings > Maximum MMS size... can go as large as 1M.

Not sure if that'll help but worth a shot.