Sent email showing 3, 4, 5+ times in message thread

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
This seemed to just have started happening the other day and its annoying the hell out of me. Here is what is happening:

I get an email. I reply to it. They reply back. I reply back. All of a sudden it shows the replys Im sending being sent up to 5x on the phone in the message thread, but in the desktop client it only shows it sent as once.

This is a visual example of what it looks like:

<new mail> Hey, whats up
<my reply> Not much
<they reply> What time you want meet
<my reply> Ill call you after work
<they reply> See you soon
<my reply> Will call you later

My replies were only sent once, but the phone is showing it sent multiple times in the message thread.

I found someone with a similar issue that said to delete the account and re-add it but if I do that I have to wipe the phone to factory and start all over with all my apps and everything.

Any suggestions?

OP
voodoodaddy

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Just tinkering around I found that if I delete the entire message on the phone then move it from the trash back to the inbox on the web client on the computer all the duplicate emails are removed. Just one of lifes many mysteries I guess.

Ive had the Droid for about 2 weeks now and up to this point have not has any issues like this with mail. Just started to happen the last 2 or 3 days.

OP
voodoodaddy

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
well I have the update and its not fixed. Funny thing is I never had this problem UNTIL I got the update.

droidmark

Reaction score
I have not seen this problem with Gmail but I do have a problem which others have also reported with Yahoo mail, that mails sent from my phone show up as multiple copies in the Sent folder, both on the phone and on the desktop. Even after they have all been deleted they keep breeding and reappearing like bacteria. This has been since day 1; haven't seen if the update has done anything to fix it.

Mark