different themes?

fd2blk78

Reaction score
Question regarding regarding using a new theme. I am running 1.1.0 (havent updated) along with Launcher Pro and the Watermark'd theme.

I think I want to try out the smoked glass theme for a while, but have a couple questions first. Do I need to uninstall the Watermark'd theme before I run the smoked glass one? If so, how would one accomplish this?

I have already made a backup of my current setup, as I really like it, just wanted to check out something new for a while.

Also, when and if I do update to the 1.1.1 rom, do I need to do anything special to the phone first? Uninstall the old one etc...

Thanks for the help everyone. It took me a bit to get on the rooting bandwagon, and I'm glad I did. This was the first rom I got to really work properly, and dont plan on switching. Now getting the theme changes down, and Ill be all set.

thanks again

white_ash143

Reaction score
When changing themes its best to flash the stock theme update.zip that bgill put out there. As far as updating rom you can either wipe and flash fresh (preferable) or flash over the top of the old one. But that may cause problems.....

OP
F

fd2blk78

Reaction score
I see

I saw the stock theme and was about to try it out, but then noticed it said it was for 1.1.1. Will that screw anything up? putting the stock theme for 1.1.1 on a device with 1.1.0?

white_ash143

Reaction score
It may mess the framework up and you lose features. I recommend going ahead and updating your rom. Most themes stay current and some of the older theme links are gone from the 1.1.0 thread (I think). I don't save my messages and all so I can't help you if you wanna save that data. Don't forget the gapps update if you do go that route.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
You could just install 1.1.1 over is and it will turn everything into stock Sapphire 1.1.1. Always an option :)

OP
F

fd2blk78

Reaction score
ok

Ok, heres what I did. I went ahead and just installed the smoked glass theme straight up over what I had. (1st post) So what happened is that the smoked glass theme worked, and the watermark'd app icons are still on the phone. Which is pretty damn cool if I do say so myself.

Now, I went ahead and tried (just to make sure it worked) to use my last backup that I had made with ROM Manager, and install it again just to see how it would work. It didnt. I try to install it, and the message that I got wasa message that said "ROM Manager has been granted superuser permissions". Thats it. It does not restore anything from my previous backup.

Now, the only thing that I did was rename the backup, in order to keep them somewhat organized. What am I doing wrong? How do I restore my previous backup?

I know this is kind of off the original topic, but I do appreciate the help. Thanks again.

white_ash143

Reaction score
Restoring backups requires you to reboot into the recovery you use (be it SPRecovery or Clockwork) then selecting either backup/restore or nandroid (i think is how Clockwork does it) and then choose the backup you made. Renaming backups doesn't affect how they restore. I'm not familiar with ROM manager much, but definitely do a forum search for how to do all this. After a while it becomes second nature.