DI2 - Optimizing

quaffapint

Reaction score
Currently I have a DX on Liberty. I just ordered my wife her first smartphone - a DI2.

Considering there's not really ROMs yet, I want to know what the best way is currently to optimize the DI2.

She wants something that works smoothly (no crashing, etc) and has optimal battery life. She's not a techie and wants something that simply works.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The DI2 should be good out of box. You shouldn't have any problems with battery or freezing/force closing. I do not own one yet but have used it many times and have been reading the posts over at xda.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Actually, there are quite a few ROM's already moving on it. And full root is almost done. If you invest in the hardware tool, full root is possible, mine is coming in next week. The Recoveries are done and there are CM7, MIUI, stock, Gingerbread and other ROM's rolling out. Options are coming in quickly.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Oh, as far as out of the box, running great. Getting good battery life. Just adjust the sync settings carefully. I leave my GPS on, weather every three hours, push my GMail and easily getting a full day per charge. It's working great.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just got this phone yesterday! So far it is great out of box. Zero problems so far. It crushes my voodoo fascinate in speed and multitasking.

sent from my inc2