Developer Project Called Linaro Tweaks Android Code; Can Double Performance on G-Nex

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try these benchmarks on for size lol
Liquid linaro 1.5 beta3

a6f97272-97fe-ff11.jpg

a6f97272-9823-021b.jpg

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
The linaro stuff is pretty exciting but we're not going to notice a lot of difference overall unfortunately. The UI may be a little smoother and most things will be more efficient, but it's not going to be mind blowing the way they made it sound. Don't get me wrong, I'll take whatever improvement this brings and be happy with it for sure. :)

Have you tried a rom Built with linaro yet? There's an aokp one around somewhere, it's super fast and only built with a -2 argument, whereas -3 is even better but still being worked on

Briankbl

Reaction score
Have you tried a rom Built with linaro yet? There's an aokp one around somewhere, it's super fast and only built with a -2 argument, whereas -3 is even better but still being worked on

The CM9 nightlies now feature linaro, but I'm definitely not seeing these scores:

Try these benchmarks on for size lol
Liquid linaro 1.5 beta3

a6f97272-97fe-ff11.jpg

a6f97272-9823-021b.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Liquid linaro 1.5 should be out before too long they are already on the release candidate stage...it'll definitely be worth checking out...
I'm pretty sure the cm nightlies are built with -2 but liquid will use -3 which is true linaro and faster and more optimized

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You guys familiar with one for the RAZR that actually shows improvement yet?

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah, AOKP. It was a little improvement, but not as much as I was hoping, by the way people were talking. Too be honest, I noticed the difference more once I flashed back to my previous backup. After that I saw lag where I hadn't seen it on the linaro build. Once AOKP gets it fully merged in I'll try it again, just too many issues with it at this point in development.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, AOKP. It was a little improvement, but not as much as I was hoping, by the way people were talking. Too be honest, I noticed the difference more once I flashed back to my previous backup. After that I saw lag where I hadn't seen it on the linaro build. Once AOKP gets it fully merged in I'll try it again, just too many issues with it at this point in development.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Drop by liquids irc channel and grab the newest rc to see what true linaro is capable of lol, personally the rc already seems ready to be a daily driver

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=liquids
Once there just type !rls toro in the chat

goosedeath

Reaction score
I'm very interested! Hopefully some battery life improvement and if we're really lucky some reduction in data drops too?!
I know, I know, its just a pipe dream....

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I'm very interested! Hopefully some battery life improvement and if we're really lucky some reduction in data drops too?!
I know, I know, its just a pipe dream....

Data drops? I have an instant solution for ya.. move to Minneapolis! ;)

Briankbl

Reaction score
Yeah, somehow that code isn't working now lol
!liquid
Does if you wait a minute

Well, in a roundabout way, I finally got...thanks to subsonic lol. Now I heard that there is a kernel to go along with this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2