Deodex and Black Status Bar System & Framework Files

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Droid 2 Deodex and Zip Aligned System & Framework Files

This is the stock Droid2 System and Framework files deodexed and zip aligned. This first of two packages that contains my Black (HTC) Status Bar Theme that looks like this. The next package will be the stock Droid2 deodexed and zip aliagned with stock status bar.

D2-Theme-Black.png

StockDroid2.png

( Picture from my Droid2 Theme for Droid 1. Status bar is exactly the same. Too lazy to update pic :) )​

It contains all original Droid2 files so if you have renamed or removed files it will replace them. This includes all Droid2 widgets and bloatware. If you have removed or renamed files then you can rename or remove the files from the app folder you placed on your memory card so you do not have to go back after install to clean up.​

A couple of apk files have been modified so the status icon matches status bar better. I still need to fix up a few more apk files and will post them as an update.zip file.​

I will have a update.zip file soon so it can be installed with clockwork. If you would like to test it for me please message me to let me know.​

Root Privilege:
You must have Root Access to install the files.
Check this thread and this thread on how to root your phone.​

ADB:
You also need to have The Android SDK installed so you can use adb commands.​

Clockwork Recovery:
Download from Android Market or check here and make donation after you download.​

Install Instructions - Recommended Method - Command Line:
Prep
Download the archive from above, extract file to your compter. Place app and framework folders from archive on the root of your sd card (/sdcard/app /sdcard/framework).​

Make sure your phone is plugged into the USB cable and PC Mode is selected and that you have debugging enalbed on the phone application settings.​

Open DOS prompt and type the following commands or paste them at the DOS prompt.
adb shell
su
stop
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/app/* /system/app/
cp /sdcard/framework/* /system/framework/
rm /system/app/*.odex
rm /system/framework/*.odex
mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
reboot​

Install Instructions - Clockwork:
Coming Soon!​

After reboot it will take a few minutes too boot up so be patient. Your phone has not hung on boot unless the droid eye stops moving.​

Launcherpro:
Download themed LauncherPro 0.7.9.0 here.
Extract the com.fede.launcher.apk file and place on root of SD Card.
Open command prompt on pc and type following commands.
adb shell
su
stop
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/com.fede.launcher.apk /system/app/
mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
reboot​

Syraz

Reaction score
nice! cant wait to check this out when I get downtime at work tonight!

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Old news...

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good edits to your post, much clearer now, thanks. Themes are usually posted in the ROM section, btw.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Older news...

Syraz

Reaction score
Honestly I had no problems reading it, was clear and easy to understand. I was going to deodex my phone today, this just speeds it up and gives me the blackbar I want so win win for me :)

Good edits to your post, much clearer now, thanks. Themes are usually posted in the ROM section, btw.

This is more of a hack than a theme. The main purpose is to have a deodex phone. The theme came along for the ride since I was too lazy to fix up the default framework.

I normally would put themes in the Themes sub-forum section but we do not have one for the D2 yet, btw.

If you were that unsure about this being for the Droid2 after it was stated a few times you should have messaged me instead of crapping on my thread and getting it off to such a great start.

Is stock Droid2 and all original droid2 files that unclear...

You're welcome

Syraz

Reaction score
so far its not so bad.. though would like the stock blur home launcher, which only way is via home switcher app but wont stick, can't put on the non-fusion launcher pro either

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
so far its not so bad.. though would like the stock blur home launcher, which only way is via home switcher app but wont stick, can't put on the non-fusion launcher pro either

The update.zip does not work in clockwork boot recovery? Did you try to mount the system first before installing it?

Delete com.fede.launcher.apk from the system/app folder if you just want the blur home.

Druuseph

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to Android and I've been reading about Deodexing and it seems like something worth doing, especially since I just want to run off the stock-rom until most of the kinks with the bootloader are ironed out. That said, is there anything that Deodexing messes up? I'm waiting until you get the stock-notification bar up to do it but is there any downside here?

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm fairly new to Android and I've been reading about Deodexing and it seems like something worth doing, especially since I just want to run off the stock-rom until most of the kinks with the bootloader are ironed out. That said, is there anything that Deodexing messes up? I'm waiting until you get the stock-notification bar up to do it but is there any downside here?

No downside besides that if you root you "void your warranty" but you can just flash the phone back with the stock SBF file to remove all mods you have done to it.

Check out this thread I started to help out new people
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ial-how-hack-your-droid-2-all-one-thread.html

I will have the stock status bar package up some point today.

Druuseph

Reaction score

No downside besides that if you root you "void your warranty" but you can just flash the phone back with the stock SBF file to remove all mods you have done to it.

Check out this thread I started to help out new people
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ial-how-hack-your-droid-2-all-one-thread.html

Thanks. I've rooted and been playing around with everything pretty extensively (setCPU underclocked when screen is dimmed, LauncherPro, bootstrap, ect). Just from what I've read, when most people have a deodexed ROM it is usually a custom one and thanks to eFuse I'm trying to be extra careful with side-effects. But that is reassuring to see that nothing wonky happens here.

Thanks for your work, I can't wait until the stock notification bar package is out to give this a shot.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

This is more of a hack than a theme. The main purpose is to have a deodex phone. The theme came along for the ride since I was too lazy to fix up the default framework.

I normally would put themes in the Themes sub-forum section but we do not have one for the D2 yet, btw.

If you were that unsure about this being for the Droid2 after it was stated a few times you should have messaged me instead of crapping on my thread and getting it off to such a great start.

Is stock Droid2 and all original droid2 files that unclear...

You're welcome

Wasn't crap, was a concern...your original post wasn't clear to me, and just PM-ing you wouldn't have helped anyone else if in fact there had been a problem and they had done something before you responded...chill out, don't take everything as an attack.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Stock status bar is now up.

Druuseph

Reaction score
Stock status bar is now up.

I'm not seeing it, is it part of the package or is there supposed to be another download?

EDIT: My bad, I see it. Is the only way to use the Clockwork Mod or can I use the command line install for it?