deleting emails...?

Unpopularpizza

Reaction score
so i currently use hotmail as my default email on my droid. and when i delete a new email it doesnt delete it on the actual account. when i log into my computer and open my inbox. it says i have like 60 unread emails. and when i delete them. all of the ones that were read and not deleted on the account were sent to my droid again. cant i just delete my new emails from the droid and its gone from the email account and everthing? blackberry did it...

thanks in advance....

OP
Unpopularpizza

Unpopularpizza

Reaction score
i just need to know if my phone is supposed to delete them on the account or not. i wanna know if there is something wrong with my phone.

jett78

Reaction score
so i currently use hotmail as my default email on my droid. and when i delete a new email it doesnt delete it on the actual account. when i log into my computer and open my inbox. it says i have like 60 unread emails. and when i delete them. all of the ones that were read and not deleted on the account were sent to my droid again. cant i just delete my new emails from the droid and its gone from the email account and everthing? blackberry did it...

thanks in advance....

I am not using Hotmail, but I get my Gmail and my corporate e-mail with my Droid, and they both delete from account if I delete from phone.

jpeter1093

Reaction score
Go to email, press the menu key at the bottom of the Droid. Open account settings, select incoming settings. Change 'Delete email from server' to 'When I delete from Inbox' if it's currently set to the default of 'Never'