Hotmail issue?

brooklyn2710

Reaction score
I have had the Motorola Droid for the last couple of weeks now and I love it. The biggest issue I keep having is with my hotmail account. The phone constantly notifies me about having new emails which are really just old emails from 2 years ago. Even after I view the email, it sends me another notification saying that I have another unread email which is the same email I just read. Sometimes it will give me new email with the date being some month, some day, 1969. Also, it will randomly go throughout my inbox and just pick random emails and make the unread. It doesn't delete my emails from the inbox. And it even generates emails which I deleted online on my phone. I have yahoo mail set up and I have no problems so why is hotmail giving me so much issue.

Btw, I have the regular free hotmail account. Not the plus.

Reaction score
I have had the Motorola Droid for the last couple of weeks now and I love it. The biggest issue I keep having is with my hotmail account. The phone constantly notifies me about having new emails which are really just old emails from 2 years ago. Even after I view the email, it sends me another notification saying that I have another unread email which is the same email I just read. Sometimes it will give me new email with the date being some month, some day, 1969. Also, it will randomly go throughout my inbox and just pick random emails and make the unread. It doesn't delete my emails from the inbox. And it even generates emails which I deleted online on my phone. I have yahoo mail set up and I have no problems so why is hotmail giving me so much issue.

I have these very same issues with my email, although i convinced an idiot i work with that i had email before anyone, circa 1969 LOL I dont believe it makes a difference what email you are using, i have yahoo and comcast and gmail, gmail is the only one that works correctly. Email is the only part of the Droid im not crazy about, I love this phone otherwise.:icon_ banana:

jpeter1093

Reaction score
I have Hotmail as well and have found that if you leave the emails in your inbox; they sync to your Droid, you delete them there. But, during the next sync cycle, Droid only sees that you have mail in your inbox in Hotmail but not in Droid so it sends it back. Remember these POP accounts only push, they don't truly sync like Gmail is setup to do with the Droid.

I keep my Hotmail inbox empty. If you like to keep emails, you know you can create folders in Hotmail to move them to.

red-in-la

Reaction score
Somewhere in the menu system there is a setting for syncing for 4 day period. Darned if I can find it.

red-in-la

Reaction score

I'll jump out on a limb here and suggest going to your computer and getting to your "settings" page on your GMail account. Then check "IMPORT MAIL & CONTACTS". It sort of sounds like stuff might still be getting imported. I have also made my Hotmail account the primary default account. So far "knock on wood" HM mails seem to be showing up in less than 5 minutes.

famac!

Reaction score
POP3 is a joke on the droid. Check the sig and star the issue.