Deleting Emails from "Trash" folder - Help???

eciracing

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just realized that I have 5335 deleted emails still on my Droid (first model, launch version). After I deleted them from the Inbox, it appears they were sent to the "Trash" folder. Is there some way I can delete them all at once? All I can do is check the boxes, and select delete. That will take me days to try and delete. And why the heck are they even in the trash folder anyway. It's roadrunner email on my Droid 1. :motdroidhoriz: Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

mack19318

Reaction score
Log in to your email account on pc and delete them, give it awhile for your email program and droid to catch up and then reboot your droid. Although I don't use road runner I have had your same problem with yahoo and live and that worked for me. Also moving them to another folder on pc will get them to not show up in your inbox if there are emails you wanna save or just not have show up.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

TheOldFart

Reaction score
You can delete them in blocks of 50 if you sign in to gmail on your computer. However, those in the trash folder go away after 30 days, so your 5335 is just your last 30 days of deleted emails. I just cleared the 88 that I had in my trash folder and then got this message:

"No conversations in the Trash. Who needs to delete when you have so much storage?!"

I guess with over 7 GB of storage, it is not necessary to delete them.

OP
E

eciracing

Reaction score
Log in to your email account on pc and delete them, give it awhile for your email program and droid to catch up and then reboot your droid. Although I don't use road runner I have had your same problem with yahoo and live and that worked for me. Also moving them to another folder on pc will get them to not show up in your inbox if there are emails you wanna save or just not have show up.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Just did that. The trash folder on my PC is already empty. So that won't work for me.

it is very easy

Could you please explain?

You can delete them in blocks of 50 if you sign in to gmail on your computer. However, those in the trash folder go away after 30 days, so your 5335 is just your last 30 days of deleted emails. I just cleared the 88 that I had in my trash folder and then got this message:

"No conversations in the Trash. Who needs to delete when you have so much storage?!"

I guess with over 7 GB of storage, it is not necessary to delete them.

This problem isn't with my gmail account. As stated above, it's with my roadrunner account.

webbtown

Reaction score
I too want to know how to have my droid x get mail from road runner account and delete them from the server after downloading to the phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

TheOldFart

Reaction score
This problem isn't with my gmail account. As stated above, it's with my roadrunner account.

I also forward my RR mail to my gmail account. If you are trying to clear the forwarded RR mail from your gmail trash folder then the problem is not with your RR account. It doesn't matter where the forwarded mail came from or if it is direct gmail, it only has to do with gmail after it gets into your gmail.

Most of my gmail is forwarded RR mail and I had no trouble deleting it from my gmail trash folder. I did it on my computer and then it was deleted from my phone. I don't know how long it took, but I checked the phone about an hour later. I did not need to reboot my Droid.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I too want to know how to have my droid x get mail from road runner account and delete them from the server after downloading to the phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Log int your gmail account on your computer, click on settings at the top right of the page and then go to the "Accounts and Import" tab and add the RR addresses that you want to import. You can either keep mail on the server or delete it after forwarding to your gmail account.

OP
E

eciracing

Reaction score

I also forward my RR mail to my gmail account. If you are trying to clear the forwarded RR mail from your gmail trash folder then the problem is not with your RR account. It doesn't matter where the forwarded mail came from or if it is direct gmail, it only has to do with gmail after it gets into your gmail.

Most of my gmail is forwarded RR mail and I had no trouble deleting it from my gmail trash folder. I did it on my computer and then it was deleted from my phone. I don't know how long it took, but I checked the phone about an hour later. I did not need to reboot my Droid.

Thanks. But again, this has nothing to do with my gmail. This is strictly an issue with my roadrunner email. Emails sent to my roadrunner account go directly to the roadrunner account on my phone. I delete the junk emails, and they then go into the "trash" folder within my roadrunner account on my phone. I can't find a way to delete the 5000+ emails in an efficient manner. I can check the boxes next to each email, but selecting anymore than about 25, results in a force close on the phone.

TheOldFart

Reaction score

Thanks. But again, this has nothing to do with my gmail. This is strictly an issue with my roadrunner email. Emails sent to my roadrunner account go directly to the roadrunner account on my phone. I delete the junk emails, and they then go into the "trash" folder within my roadrunner account on my phone. I can't find a way to delete the 5000+ emails in an efficient manner. I can check the boxes next to each email, but selecting anymore than about 25, results in a force close on the phone.

Sorry, but I have no idea. I thought you were forwarding your RR mail to your gmail account like I do.

jtebrak

Reaction score
If your talking about the email client and not the gmail client just delete the account. Then just set it back up. It's not pretty, but it works.

MdicnMan

Reaction score
It's just the way it is at the moment I think.

One thing that works for me most of the time is opening the email, allowing IMAP or Exchange to get synced then deleting it. I find that if I delete before reading it will either get stuck in the trash, or even more special, I will end up with duplicates in the trash.

I don't believe the K9 has this issue, but I prefer the stock interface so I am just dealing with it until G fixes it.

Last edited:
OP
E

eciracing

Reaction score
If your talking about the email client and not the gmail client just delete the account. Then just set it back up. It's not pretty, but it works.

Just tried to do that. The email client wants to keep force closing. I can only assume this is a result of the 5000+ emails it's trying to remove also. Weak!!!

MdicnMan

Reaction score

Just tried to do that. The email client wants to keep force closing. I can only assume this is a result of the 5000+ emails it's trying to remove also. Weak!!!

Another option is to go to settings-> applications -> manage applications ->Running -> Email and 'clear data'

Last edited:
OP
E

eciracing

Reaction score

ANtoehr option is to go to settings-> applications -> manage applications ->Running -> Email and 'clear data'

That worked!!! Thanks so much! I had to set up all 3 of my email accounts again, but at least I've cleared out those 5000+ emails. It was taking up 157mb. Thanks again to everyone.