1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Deleting Destination on Navigation App

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by RonaldK, Apr 1, 2011.

1. RonaldK

RonaldK New Member

I've had my Droid X for a week and am taking my time learning. Problem right now is how to delete a destination from the Navigation App. I have two on the log and one was typed in and the other was a voice destination.
    Took it to Verizon store in East Lansing, Mi. and they could not figure out how to delete either. Told them I'd ask you, the experts.
    Thank you,
    RonaldK
  2. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

Clear the app cache in maps and navi app through the settings menu.
  3. RonaldK

RonaldK New Member

destination delete

Thanks Chizzele but what do you mean by app cache. Don't see that terminology. Sorry but I'm the analog beginner. Maybe you should draw me a picture. Let's try again.
    Ron
  4. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

Sure, when you open the maps app, go into the app settings by cliecking the menu button. Now on my D1 i have to click More > Cache Settings > Clear Cache. It might be slightly different on the X.

Now if that wont do the trick you would need to go into the phone settings menu.
    Applications > Manage Applications > All (tab) > Maps > clear data / clear cache.

Hope this helps, these are the steps on the D1 and i assume the X wouldn't be that different.
  5. RonaldK

RonaldK New Member

Reset to delete destination

After trying several ideas for deleting destinations on the GPS Navigation system, I phoned tech support at Motorolla. In a nutshell, once you enter a destination, right or wrong, it stays there. I made several mistakes with my navigation GPS app and found that no way exists to delete the destination entries unless you have your phone reset and start over. I did that and fortunately had everything backed up. I might go back to my Garmin, it's simpler. Thanks for all your ideas and time helping me. Still love the phone. Just need a lot of practice with it.
    Ron
Search tags for this page
clear recent destinations in navigation

delete destination

delete navigation destinations

delete navigation history android

delete this destination
how do i delete destinations from navigation
how do i erase destinations from my maps app
how to clear gps history
how to clear navigation history
how to delete a destination on navigation