Deleting Destination on Navigation App

RonaldK

Reaction score
I've had my Droid X for a week and am taking my time learning. Problem right now is how to delete a destination from the Navigation App. I have two on the log and one was typed in and the other was a voice destination.
Took it to Verizon store in East Lansing, Mi. and they could not figure out how to delete either. Told them I'd ask you, the experts.
Thank you,
RonaldK

OP
R

RonaldK

Reaction score
destination delete

Thanks Chizzele but what do you mean by app cache. Don't see that terminology. Sorry but I'm the analog beginner. Maybe you should draw me a picture. Let's try again.
Ron

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Sure, when you open the maps app, go into the app settings by cliecking the menu button. Now on my D1 i have to click More > Cache Settings > Clear Cache. It might be slightly different on the X.

Now if that wont do the trick you would need to go into the phone settings menu.
Applications > Manage Applications > All (tab) > Maps > clear data / clear cache.

Hope this helps, these are the steps on the D1 and i assume the X wouldn't be that different.

OP
R

RonaldK

Reaction score
Reset to delete destination

After trying several ideas for deleting destinations on the GPS Navigation system, I phoned tech support at Motorolla. In a nutshell, once you enter a destination, right or wrong, it stays there. I made several mistakes with my navigation GPS app and found that no way exists to delete the destination entries unless you have your phone reset and start over. I did that and fortunately had everything backed up. I might go back to my Garmin, it's simpler. Thanks for all your ideas and time helping me. Still love the phone. Just need a lot of practice with it.
Ron