Decisions, decisions

~P~

Reaction score
I need my personal geeks to guide me, please. I need to upgrade my Verizon Droid X to a new device and want to do it before they start charging the $30 upgrade fee. Given the options today, which should I go with?

RAZR
Nexus
Illusion
Rhyme
Stratosphere
Other?

OP
P

~P~

Reaction score
Ok, I think it's between the Resound, Rhyme, and RAZR Maxx.

Advice please?

Anyone?
Anyone?
Buhler?

CrimsonTide55

Reaction score
I would pick the rezound or maxx between those 3

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
P

~P~

Reaction score
Thanks, Crimson...what do you think about the Bionic? And if it were you, which would you do...Rezound? Maxx? Bionic?

CrimsonTide55

Reaction score
Definitely not the bionic. If it was me probably the maxx because of the battery life. Really can't go wrong with the rezound or maxx though

CrimsonTide55

Reaction score
No problem. I would play with both of them in the store before you purchase one if possible. That's the best way to figure out which one you like better

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Definitely not the bionic. If it was me probably the maxx because of the battery life. Really can't go wrong with the rezound or maxx though

+1 The bionic is ok but that's about it. It seems to be the long forgotten phone. Are you in to rooting and romming at all? If so, going by your original post, either the galaxy nexus or rezound would be a great choice as they both have unlockable bootloaders. If not interested then razr max is definitely a good choice:)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

bobbyp

Reaction score
I love my Bionic and think it is a great value with massive bang for the buck.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
P

~P~

Reaction score
So far I haven't rooted or flashed ROMs...just haven't had the time to learn how to do it, but I'm interested. I think I've narrowed it to the Rezound or the MAXX. The standby and talk time on the Rezound doesn't compete with the Maxx...

Your opinion?

robert70

Reaction score
The Bionic is a perfectly fine phone after the update, and its only what $50 on the upgrade right now? Personally if I were eligable goto upgrade that would be my choice, however since mine isn't until dec. I'll probably get the Maxx, you need to look at all the ones that your thinking of and choose the one that fits you best, and what you wanna do with it, get online and look up reviews for each one, are you going to watch movies and such on your phone? Play games? Root and rom it? Or does it just have to be a phone? That's the best advice I can give you, good luck and make the right choice for you.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
So far I haven't rooted or flashed ROMs...just haven't had the time to learn how to do it, but I'm interested. I think I've narrowed it to the Rezound or the MAXX. The standby and talk time on the Rezound doesn't compete with the Maxx...

Your opinion?

Just looking at the rezound, there seems to be alot of roms but at the same time, the razr maxx has good battery life. It all depends on what you're looking for.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
P

~P~

Reaction score
Rezound? Razr? Nexus? Advice?

My DX is on its last legs...apparently trying to kill itself by overheating. :icon_eek: So I've narrowed my choices down to the Rezound, the Razr, or the Nexus. My main concern with the Rezound is the battery life. I now you can get an extended battery, but I hear that and the cover make the phone bulky, and I like the slim physique of the original.

Input?
Advice?

Which phone should I get???

scy1192

Reaction score
My advice is to walk into a Verizon retail store and try them for yourself. I was dead set on a RAZR until I did this and ended up liking the Rezound more than the other two.