DEAD Droid....

Rikybob

Reaction score
Went to sleep last pm......Droid on charge.......found it dead this morning:icon_eek: as in would not boot up, dead as a hammer.....

Called Verizon customer service. 1st tier said I would have to utilize insurance as I was outside of 30 day warranty (2 days). She sent me to tech support and I was walked through the obvious fixes. Techie said she is sending me a phone tomorrow morn GRATIS! Nice work Verizon!

Now I have to see how good BackUpPro does. I wonder when I push the RESTORE button if it springs back to life how I had it last or is stuff missing? Hmmmmm......will find out in the am.

Just wanted ya'll to know what's doin'

Rikybob

Last edited:

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That shouldnt be an insurance issue, it's a warranty issue.

I think people are confusing the warranty for the phone vs the 30 day satisfaction guarantee. The 30 days isn't a phone warranty. It's 30 days for you to decide whether you like the phone and the service. After that 30 days you will be subject to the early termination fee and not be able to completely return the phone.

The phone warranty from motorola is 1 year. If you have mechanical defect due to manufacturing, they will give you a new phone free of charge within one year. After that or for other issues would be an insurance issue.

Went to sleep last pm......Droid on charge.......found it dead this morning:icon_eek: as in would not boot up, dead as a hammer.....

Called Verizon customer service. 1st tier said I would have to utilize insurance as I was outside of 30 warranty (2 days). She sent me to tech support and I was walked through the obvious fixes. Tecie said she is sending me a phone tomorrow morn GRATIS! Nice work Verizon!

Now I have to see how good BackUpPro does. I wonder when I push the RESTORE button if it springs back to life how I had it last or is stuff missing? Hmmmmm......will find out in the am.

Just wanted ya'll to know what's doin'

Rikybob

Last edited:
OP
R

Rikybob

Reaction score
Thanx Erron, the highly skilled staff on the other end of the phone seemed to be preying on my lack of knowledge. I guess then normally I would have to go through Motorola directly for a warranty issue?

As for what would be wrong with the phone, about the only thing I could say is that I applied the Zagg screen protector and sponged a little solution on the phone w/o shutting it down. Not a lot but what one might get in a misting rain. It did not seem to bother the phone and the "X" is still red on the back. Dunno what happended really but it dang sure is dead!

Last edited:
OP
R

Rikybob

Reaction score
Follow up....

...Verizon sent me another phone. Plugged in my battery as the "new" phone arrives nekkid. Attempted to fire up phone but failed. Call 611 and found that I needed to go to "brick and mortor" store for quick replacement of battery. Hats off to "Al" at Altomonte Springs Verizon. No pomp and circumstances, he plugged in my new battery and sent me on my way! I am sending the shiney new phone back (dang) and it is noted that there is nothing wrong with it.

I am concerned about the short life of the battery. I have driven it HARD over the last 32 days. Hmmmmm.

Rikybob

Thefamous1

Reaction score
Rikybob, so who did you go through to get your replacement phone was it Verizon or Motorola? And did you have to pay any fee? Would you of had to send back your old phone?

The only problem with your old phone was a dead battery?

OP
R

Rikybob

Reaction score
Called Verizon, the phone was 32 days old. They sent me (on their dime) a new phone sans battery. I was required to send the carcass of the old one back in Verizons prepaid box with the admonition that if there was something wrong with the phone that "I" did, there would be monies on my side to pay (a lesser person might just utilize their insurance if one suspected a user defined problem).

To sum up. No fees on my sided (except gas to fetch new battery). Probably the most important thing to me is that the phone itself has integrity. I can live with a crapped out battery as long as it does not present itself again.

Cheers!

R/B

Last edited: