Dan Rosenberg cracked the Root on 4.1.2> ROOT AVAILABLE NOW

redneckben

Reaction score
Check the comments from him on that thread, some other people were having some issues and he said to add a .bak on to install-recovery.sh

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Which recovery are you trying to flash? And did you change the file name like it says to?
I downloaded and installed this recovery (V3) on my Maxx HD and did not have to rename any file. Make sure you have the most up to date Moto drivers installed, debugging selected and unknown source selected for good measure.

danetbra63

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I've still had no luck with this recovery clashed.
I've eevn tried to download a new file and still got the same results..
I'm waiting to hear back from the guy that wrote the program. Hope he has some answers

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I've still had no luck with this recovery clashed.
I've eevn tried to download a new file and still got the same results..
I'm waiting to hear back from the guy that wrote the program. Hope he has some answers
What version of Windows are you running? Try a different USB port or different cable. Sometimes running the .bat file from the desktop works better than trying to run if from a folder on the root directory of your drive, but try both. If one doesn't work try the other. If you have access to a different computer try that, but you should not have to rename anything.

Reaction score
I'm a lil confused, which batch files am I supposed to run? Only the Motochopper?

I tried Motochopper twice, failed.

9nickels

Reaction score
Not working for my Bionic

Hi I lost my root in the update to Jellybean even with ota rootkeeper installed.

Trying this solution when pushing thew exploit results in the following failure;
"pkg: /data/local/tmp/SuperUser.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILed_ALREADY_EXISTS]"

Any help is appreciated

Rawk3rSix

Reaction score
What Ad Blocker do you recommend? I used JRummy's ROM Toolbox Pro previously, but they have removed the Ad Blocker component due to Play Store rules. Looking for recommendations, please.

I used AdAway. It's got a red octagon with a white dove or something. Highly recommendable my friend =)

skifreak

Reaction score
Hi I lost my root in the update to Jellybean even with ota rootkeeper installed.

Trying this solution when pushing thew exploit results in the following failure;
"pkg: /data/local/tmp/SuperUser.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILed_ALREADY_EXISTS]"

Any help is appreciated

I too am waiting for something that will work on my Bionic.

dreality

Reaction score
DROID BIONIC XT875 and RAZR XT910 JB 4.1.2 ROOT WORKING FROM STOCK

Dan has done it again and left with a bang. You can ROOT a fully stock Bionic XT875 or Razr XT910 with OTA or factory installed Jelly Bean JB 4.1.2.

I am reposting from another forum via member L7iharsha of xda-developers, I ran through the steps and it unconditionally works. YOU WILL NEED LINUX. This can be accomplished through using an ubuntu live image ( i386 only for the provided scripts ) (the live image can be in the form of a cd iso, virtualbox, or usb utilizing unetbootin, Virtual Box, or a regular linux box (if you are a regular linux user, you will need to either symlink or replace the included adb binaries with the proper for your arch type ) The exploit involves utilizing a samba/cifs connection so you will also need this computer/box available on the network that your Droid can connect over WIFI link with. Without Further waiting, here is the following:

Once you Booted into Ubuntu..

Type
Code:
mkdir /tmp/share

Install Samba Package
Code:
sudo apt-get install samba

Edit the Config for file samba as mentioned Below
Code:
sudo gedit /etc/samba/smb.conf

add the following Lines as mentioned below
Code:
[share]
path = /tmp/share
available = yes
valid users = guest
read only = yes
browsable = yes
public = yes

save it then Create username through this command
Code:
sudo useradd guest -m -G users

then Set password (type when prompted twice)
Code:
sudo passwd guest

then Set Samba Password (same password as before)
Code:
sudo smbpasswd -a guest

Then restart Samba Server
Code:
sudo restart smbd

Download the Files, de-archive, and change file permissions
Code:
cd /tmp/share
wget [url]http://vulnfactory.org/public/motoshare2.tgz[/url]
tar xvf motoshare2.tgz
sudo chmod 755 run.sh

you'll need to know the IP address of your Linux host, which you can get by running "ifconfig" from your terminal it should be 192.168.xx.xx not 127.5.xx.xx (Unless you have set your network up differently)

Now take your Smartphone and Enable usb Debugging and the make sure that youare connected through WIFI

Open Stock "Files" r "Filemanger App"3rd party apps wont work
Open the "Files" app, and select "Remote storage". Click "Add storage", and fill in fields as follows:

Code:
Host IP address:        [your Linux machine's IP address]
Domain name:            WORKGROUP
Shared folder name:     share
User:                   guest
Password:               [the password you created above]
your phone will be mounted in Linux share to complete process plug in your Phone to Computer Via usb and then type following command

Code:
cd /tmp/share/
sudo ./run.sh

YOU MUST RUN THIS COMMAND VIA sudo. Also your phone will vibrate allot, let it finish vibrating before continuing.

Congrats!u are rooted your RAZR XT910 And Droid Bionic..

Every Credit Goes to Dan Rosenberg i take no credits ....im just re-posting to help people...

Donate to Dan
http://goo.gl/zBGb0

Reaction score
I tried that other method in ubunutu, for some reason teh superuser app does not load properly and I still dont' have root. I'll try this version.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
What other method? There is only one for 4.1.2.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2