D4 Stuck in AP fastboot: S.O.S

Holymsophy

Reaction score
For some weird reason, I could not get the ICS update through because of some issues with Youtube.apk.

I was rooted and had bootstrap installed. I did a factory reset, tried the update again, but the same problem.

After a while of researching, I found on the site that with RSDlite5.7, VRZ_XT894_6.5.1-167_DR4-1_M1-219_1FF_01.xml, and the moto drivers, using RSDlite I could get the update on the phone.

Followed the procedure and after RSDlite was done unpacking, I was on the AP fastboot screen with the failure notice.

I can't get past that, holding power and volume buttons don't do a thing.

So here is where I am at. There is not much concerning the droid 4 about AP Fastboot, so I was wondering if you could please help me out. Thanks.

OP
Holymsophy

Holymsophy

Reaction score
is there a way of charging the droid 4 while in AP fastboot? it says battery low, and the shuts down with I try to use RSD lite.
thanks for the help

OP
Holymsophy

Holymsophy

Reaction score
thanks for that, though when I pressed the volume up/down, it just went back to the AP fastboot screen for me.
Does not show anything about charging. I will leave it on "charge" for a while and see what happens.

thanks for the help so far.

OP
Holymsophy

Holymsophy

Reaction score
so far, nothing has been able to charge the phone. Is there any way to charge it with spliced wires? thanks.

Danis

Reaction score
so far, nothing has been able to charge the phone. Is there any way to charge it with spliced wires? thanks.

Buy a factory cable. They are 40 bucks, or you make one yourself (spliced cables)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OP
Holymsophy

Holymsophy

Reaction score
Buy a factory cable. They are 40 bucks, or you make one yourself (spliced cables)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the tip, though I had found that to be the only way out, so I got a cable for $20 on ebay and everything is fine now ... just need to find a way to root ICS now.

OP
Holymsophy

Holymsophy

Reaction score
dancedroidilovedfdancedroid
okay, so I got my D4 back up and running, on ICS rooted and all apps restored via titanium backup!

thanks for all the patience and help, guys!!!!