D3 BOGO at verizon

Venom51

Reaction score
Ordered mine on the 7th and just called and got them to honor the BOGO on the wife's line to replace her OG Droid.

Raptor007

Reaction score
Typically they use this when they are trying to move a slow seller, to jump start it. Could be its selling welling enough they really want to pump the phone out, maybe Moto or Verizon has a reason.

Venom51

Reaction score
Typically they use this when they are trying to move a slow seller, to jump start it. Could be its selling welling enough they really want to pump the phone out, maybe Moto or Verizon has a reason.

Yeah they do. They kept it damn near a CIA secret and did no advertising what so ever. Now they are all standing around wondering why it's not selling like hotcakes.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt if it's so it gets more sales before they hype up the Bionic up our arse's.

P

PILLKOZ

Yes its true.. just got my d3 yesterday .. I just added my cousin to my account and she picked a d3 .. I found out about goto and picked it up yesterday.. had a dx before. This.. I love my d3

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

AVNFAM

Reaction score
My husband got a D3 a couple days before they started the BOGO promotion. I ordered mine online for $189. So, I ordered a D3 for my husband to take advantage of this promotion and had him return the phone he bought at an authorized dealer store, which by the way, they were selling for $250. So, I advised him to return it, they charged him $70 re-stocking fee, and was credited $197 dollars.

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah they do. They kept it damn near a CIA secret and did no advertising what so ever. Now they are all standing around wondering why it's not selling like hotcakes.
i doubt that's the reason. i'm betting it has more to do with the fact that these are brand new phones (that have probably been deferred for several months) that are being release as non-4G phones. so they're trying to appeal to people looking for a deal, instead of the newest technology.

that's my 2c anyway.

PuneE

Reaction score
w/e the reason may be, and likely a little bit of everything while a bit more of some other reasons, it's a great deal.
-Not quite top tier device
-Very Soft Silent Release
-Most ppl arent interested in Sliders anymore
-Bionic about to drop in 2 wks or so.
-Typical Back2School Promo Season

I refused to buy a D3 @ $150 ea. for this past wk from multiple online retailers, even when LetsTalk dropped it to 130$ for a day or two for contract renewals. Im glad i waited b/c ultimately I was able to get two D3s at vzw's $150 contract renewal price, and instead of submitting the order online, I called in to get them to match my online price, and to top it off, got a credit for a free month of service.

Total price per D3 device = 32$ ea.

AVNFAM

Reaction score
w/e the reason may be, and likely a little bit of everything while a bit more of some other reasons, it's a great deal.
-Not quite top tier device
-Very Soft Silent Release
-Most ppl arent interested in Sliders anymore
-Bionic about to drop in 2 wks or so.
-Typical Back2School Promo Season

I refused to buy a D3 @ $150 ea. for this past wk from multiple online retailers, even when LetsTalk dropped it to 130$ for a day or two for contract renewals. Im glad i waited b/c ultimately I was able to get two D3s at vzw's $150 contract renewal price, and instead of submitting the order online, I called in to get them to match my online price, and to top it off, got a credit for a free month of service.

I'm still interested in sliders and hoping they don't do away with smart phone sliders. It's actually the reason why I went with the D3 vs the Samsung Charge or Bionic. It's just WAY easier for me to type with a slide out keyboard. I text message a lot! I have noticed that the touch screen keyboard on the Droid 3 is an improvement from the Droid 2. So, maybe that will sway me a little in the future. But even if I didn't have a choice, at least it's good to see they are improving the touch screen keyboard.

How did you get a free month service?

PuneE

Reaction score
... and to top it off, got a credit for a free month of service.

I'm still interested in sliders and hoping they don't do away with smart phone sliders. It's actually the reason why I went with the D3 vs the Samsung Charge or Bionic. It's just WAY easier for me to type with a slide out keyboard. I text message a lot! I have noticed that the touch screen keyboard on the Droid 3 is an improvement from the Droid 2. So, maybe that will sway me a little in the future. But even if I didn't have a choice, at least it's good to see they are improving the touch screen keyboard.

How did you get a free month service?

Same here, I prefer my sliders, especially when using the phone in landscape. Ive gotten use to the virtual keypad (when my D1 slider got funky before i had it replaced) and use it majority of the time now, but when it comes to precision or landscape, I always Slide out.

I managed to squeeze a 1 mo primary line credit because I figured if i ordered w a rep, they get commission (assumption) so maybe they mite sweeten the deal. Last yr, when my brother ordered his D2G they threw in all sorts of goodies, like screen protectors, free case, etc. Figured it couldnt hurt to ask so I called in telling them Im about to hit the submit order button online, & was just wondering if there are any free accessories if I placed the order directly thru him. He declined being able to offer any xtras, but said he could give me a free month credit, which is actually far better than some cheap cases or headsets.

grnidkjun

Reaction score
What I'm wondering is if I don't want two phones would they credit me half the price I paid for the one d3 thru verizon?

PuneE

Reaction score
What I'm wondering is if I don't want two phones would they credit me half the price I paid for the one d3 thru verizon?

absolutely not. It's specifically for family plans to sign up more ppl onto vzw and/or get more ppl onto smartphone data plans, and/or boost the sale of the D3 & D2X.

there are deals for single lines as low as $50 from AmazonWireless & Letstalk.com for new accts or primary line upgrades, and even deals for individual line upgrades or renewals around 120/$130.

chk out wirefly, amazon, or letstalk

i posted some some deals over @ Fatwallet if u want to check it out.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1112108/

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1113382/