D2 or Dinc ROMing ?

CxUNG

Reaction score
Im curious which of these two fones is better for doing customization the D2 or the Dinc? I know on the Dinc the bootloader is accessable but not sure on the D2 and does modding the droid2 matter if its the global version?

Sent from DROiDx using DROiDforumsAPP

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There are far more possibilities for the dinc than there are for the d2. And yes there are some big differences between the d2 and d2g, if that's what you were asking.

tappin and a talkin

OP
CxUNG

CxUNG

Reaction score
What possibilities are there other than the bootloader & most of the basic roming tweaking etc. Could you can be more specific with details details. D2 & D2 global other than it being used as a international fone what are the big differences?

There are far more possibilities for the dinc than there are for the d2. And yes there are some big differences between the d2 and d2g, if that's what you were asking.

tappin and a talkin

Sent from DROiDx using DROiDforumsAPP

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The bootloader is the primary difference between the two (dinc and d2) so you can change the kernal on the dinc where as you cannot on the d2. I wish I could be more technical but the only android phone I've used is the d2 so I'm not all that familiar with the greater possibilities of an unlocked device.

As for the differences between the d2 and d2g, I think the major problem is the radio/antenna but also there are a few other things that don't quite translate. There is a possibility that if someone could figure out the "formula" as I've been calling it, to the differences between the d2 and d2g then development would be much easier between the two. This is what happened between the dx and d2 and is basically why all dx roms are now available for the d2.

tappin and a talkin

Reaction score
The D2G is a completely different processor and framework from the D2. Each ROM essentially has to be rewritten. Like Spaz said, if they could make a formula for a quick conversion, we'd get many more of the cool ROMs. I've got my fingers crossed, as I'm still stuck running Stock, Rooted, Bloat ware removed.