D2 Headphone Media controls

reichbc

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my Droid 2 and headphones. First things first, I would like to know if there is some way to disable headphone jack media controls on the ROM side of things, such as deleting a script or a code or similar. Reasons being, I'm having a bit of an extremely annoying issue.

When I plug headphones in, no matter what type, music players go wacky if it's disturbed in some hard to duplicate manner. I should take the time to say that I have three media players on my phone, the Music player, XiiaLive, and Pandora. That said, when I listen to music in my car, for example, let's say I pull my phone out of the tray and turn it on to switch tracks. About 85% of the time, no trouble. The remaining 15% is me wondering why the phone just up and randomly switches to a completely different song. One time im specific, i unlocked the phone and went to go to the next track on a Breaking Benjamin album, and it just switches itself to a different artist entirely.

Another thing is, if the music player is currently playing and I unplug headphones, the music player will stop playing, but XiiaLive will bring itself up (which never runs unless i open it, and i task kill it closed when i'm done for this reason) and start streaming the last station I played.

It's driving me nuts. Please tell me there's a way to get rid of this function.

Sorry for the long (albeit detailed) post.

gthotie5

Reaction score
I had that same problem with my OG D2 doesn't happen on this phone though.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

go.nocturn

Reaction score
I don't know anything about a script or a way to stop it
But I had that same issue

Turns out just like the d2 camera; the headphone jack is also poorly made and your jacks spring style contacts are what's setting off these media controls

From my understanding headphones send the media control command via the actual headphone jack and when your phones contacts are getting loose or whacky then that creates the chaos by the jack sending data to the wrong contact on the board... or at least that's the way I understood it

I bought those lady gaga earbuds thinking expensive well made headphones would get rid of that problem..

There's more info on this hardware problem on the forum

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I would try a factory reset or SBF, but I suspect the above post is correct.This is a hardware problem. All you can do is get a replacement through the warranty with moto.

BRAINFIRE

Reaction score
Try starting a song with the built in player.
Then pause it. Now, start one of the other players.
This works works for me most of the time.