"CyanogenMOD" screen loops at bootup

shanan2463

Reaction score
Droid A855, while updateing through rom manager, screen loops contineuously "cyanogenMod" till power drained out from battery or removal of battery. Can Not shut off by holding power+volume down button. Can not go into recovery mode.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
first off, welcome to the forum! :)

can you manually boot into recovery?? in other words, pull your batt to stop the boot loop; put batt back in; manually boot into recovery by holding the "x" key and power button (release power button after screen comes on, but keep holding x until recovery screen pops up). if you've drained a lot of batt, you may need to charge your batt for a while, until you have at least a 60% charge.

if you can get to recovery screen, connect phone to pc with usb cable, go into partitions menu, choose "mount usb storage," and then re-dl rom to your sdcard using your pc (dl'ing a rom thru RM is not always reliable). then try to reflash the rom.

droidusa

Reaction score
i have been having the same problem, but i have tried using multiple roms and they are loop at the loading screen like it doesnt want to go past it. i have tried everything i know, even though this is my first time doing it i have done a lot research on this

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
tell me exactly what happens. when you try to reboot, do you get the Moto logo, and then the boot animation? what happens next?? if your boot animation just sits there for a while, that's not unusual - the initial boot for a rom usually takes a while. but, if you get the M logo, then the BA, and then it goes back to the M logo, then you may have an install issue that we will need to work thru.

also, please list the exact steps you followed to dl and install and attempt to boot up your rom.

droidusa

Reaction score
ok well it sits at the BA forever, nothing ever passes it...but it doesnt go to the moto logo,

open rom manager,
open cyanogen mod ( latest stable rom )
install ^ and google apps
go to notification bar once its finished dl
click on it and run back up
it goes to the bootloader and loads op the rom
then once its finished it reboots and it sits there for a very long time

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
did you check the boxes for wiping data and cache??

what i would recommend is that you stop using RM to dl and install your rom. i can't even begin to tell you how many times RM is the problem in the install process. in fact, i am going to just cut and paste a post i made only within the last hour on this very topic:

you'll get better results by manually flashing in recovery, instead of thru RM. i always, and i mean ALWAYS, manually flash thru recovery. RM has some great uses, but it can be glitchy when it comes to dl'ing and installing roms. and, because you are essentially putting on a whole new OS, you want the process to be glitch free! i ALWAYS use my pc to dl the rom and then put it on my sdcard (and don't dl thru RM). then, here is the process i follow, and it never fails me:

1. backup your apps with TiBu (or thru Astro)
2. create a backup/nandroid of your current rom (so you have something to fall back on if you experience any serious problems flashing a new rom)
3. boot into recovery
4. wipe data/factory reset
5. wipe cache
6. go into partitions menu, and format boot and format system.
7. install rom zip from sdcard
8. reboot
IMPORTANT – after you sign into Google, and Google syncs all of your data, do not use your phone until the market completely downloads all your apps. let it complete the process before flashing any themes, kernels, whatever
9. boot into recovery
10. flash theme (if you desire something other than stock)
11. reboot
12. boot into recovery
13. flash kernel (if you want something other than the stock kernel)
14. reboot
15. enjoy!

droidusa

Reaction score
ok and what the best looking and most efficient theme and kernel cause im still getting used to doing this.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Welcome to the forum. Since your trying to install CM, the easiest way I've found to overclock is to follow the link in my sig. Also, I suggest getting SetCPU from the market.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
let's get your rom installed, and up and running first. themes and kernels are just add-ons that are nice to have - they're not necessities.

themes just change the look/appearance of your phone - they don't change the operations. a kernel is more important than the theme, and there are various ones to choose from. they are like a rom - each one runs differently on each individual phone. you just have to find the one that runs the best on your phone. the ones i recommend are: Raidzero, SlaYHer, Chevy, and p3.

but again, we first have to get the rom successfully installed and running.

oresteez

Reaction score
did you check the boxes for wiping data and cache??

what i would recommend is that you stop using RM to dl and install your rom. i can't even begin to tell you how many times RM is the problem in the install process. in fact, i am going to just cut and paste a post i made only within the last hour on this very topic:

you'll get better results by manually flashing in recovery, instead of thru RM. i always, and i mean ALWAYS, manually flash thru recovery. RM has some great uses, but it can be glitchy when it comes to dl'ing and installing roms. and, because you are essentially putting on a whole new OS, you want the process to be glitch free! i ALWAYS use my pc to dl the rom and then put it on my sdcard (and don't dl thru RM). then, here is the process i follow, and it never fails me:

1. backup your apps with TiBu (or thru Astro)
2. create a backup/nandroid of your current rom (so you have something to fall back on if you experience any serious problems flashing a new rom)
3. boot into recovery
4. wipe data/factory reset
5. wipe cache
6. go into partitions menu, and format boot and format system.
7. install rom zip from sdcard
8. reboot
IMPORTANT – after you sign into Google, and Google syncs all of your data, do not use your phone until the market completely downloads all your apps. let it complete the process before flashing any themes, kernels, whatever
9. boot into recovery
10. flash theme (if you desire something other than stock)
11. reboot
12. boot into recovery
13. flash kernel (if you want something other than the stock kernel)
14. reboot
15. enjoy!

I was just stuck in the loop...this worked for me, thanks!