droid won't start up

cfry6

Reaction score
I have a rooted droid using cyanogenmod's 6.1.0 i'm not positive what exactly the phone is running considering i have tried probably 40 roms/kernals but i downloaded this rom last night and it died early this morning. For some reason when i hold down x+power button it just tries to starts the phone normally but it never actually loads it just keeps restarting the start up logo. same thing when i hold volume up+power button. so in other words my phone won't turn on and it won't go into recovery mode...... help please

FlockaMane1017

Reaction score
Hopefully you backed up before this happend. Start you phone hlding x and up on the dirctin pad and you should get to the restore program and restore

OP
C

cfry6

Reaction score
awe ok i did get the boot loader scree but i have a question when you say backed up does that mean backed up on your computer? in the past when somthing was wrong with a rom i use the nandroid backup and just opened up recovery mode and reverted my phone back to a past date and i thought that was as good as backing it up but is it not the same?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
This is the 3rd thread for the same issue. Cross posting is not allowed. Please keep the conversation in one thread. One was closed already. I'm going to close the one in the hacking help section and move this one to the rooted rescue squad area for more assistance.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
C

cfry6

Reaction score
Okay i am wondering if their is a difference between backing up you droid versus a nandroid backup?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
No. When some one says 'backup', they mean a nandroid backup. When you hold down the 'x' key while powering your phone on, you are booting into the recovery system, not the bootloader. Where id you get Cyanogenmod 6.1.0? All I see is 6.0.0.

So, with all those changes you made to your phone, you should be able to restore a working backup and be just fine, or as you call it, an earlier date.

good luck

OP
C

cfry6

Reaction score
thanks but the book loader seems to need something from my computer considering it says transfer mode: usb and i have nothing from my phone on my computer... does anyone have the data needed to transfer to my phone when in bootloader mode?

OP
C

cfry6

Reaction score
ok so i am now in bootloader mode but my computer doesn't show any sign that my droid is even there why is this

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Pull your battery for about 30 seconds, put it back in, then see if you can boot your phone normally. If it just boots to the bootloader screen, you'll probably need to either take it to VZW (recommended), or try to fix it yourself (VERY difficult).

good luck