Cyanogen mod on rooted Inc 2

ladybug1827

Reaction score
Resently rooted and downloaded Cyanogen mod, i'm not sure if I like it.... I like the look, the smoothness, and it's faster, BUT... The camera isn't that great. The calendar isn't user friendly. The dialer doesn't have quick search. I think i'm missing my stock phone!! Is there a rom out there that im looking for? Can i get my stock phone back?
I've been reading and reading these forums. It's a little confusing for me.
Can I just download another rom with my rom manager? Is it that simple?
Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

OP
ladybug1827

ladybug1827

Reaction score
I'm afraid I might be over my head with this rooting and rom business. Please can someone help....

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Check out newtoroot incredible HD rls ROM. It's the closest to stock with a few extras to try out. If you want to go back to stock, you can flash your backup. You did do a backup right? Download the . zip file and install from SD card through ROM manager. Backup your current settings then wipe data and cache before installing the new ROM. Return for questions or you can PM me. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2!

OP
ladybug1827

ladybug1827

Reaction score
..... No i didnt do a back up!! Can you believe it. I was so involved I forgot the simple task! Thank you so much for the advice! I'm tweaking Cyanogen with apps from the market, so I will play with this for awhile I think. I get bored quick. :)

sjpritch25

Reaction score
have you tried MIUI? I would give that a go too. You will need to make sure you flash the right version and kernal though. Let me know and i'll give you the links.

OP
ladybug1827

ladybug1827

Reaction score
Yes u would like the link for miui. Ty so much. I'm continuing the reading and starting to feel slightly more knowledgable. It's a lot to take in.