cwr 2nd int

bitojoe

Reaction score
so i was wondering what would happen if i installed the droid x 2nd int recovery from rom manager on my d2g running cm7 8/9 would that mess things up? just curious because on the miui rom it says its alright.

I was just wondering out of curiosity and to find out if there would be any perks of downloading it. (newer cwr version)

Asphyx

Reaction score
You would screw up your phone have to SBF, re-root, Install D2 Bootstrapper, Flash CM7.zip and start all over again?

You do not need to install a bootstrapper of ANYKIND nor do you need to install CWR in any way because it is all built into CM7!

OP
bitojoe

bitojoe

Reaction score
You would screw up your phone have to SBF, re-root, Install D2 Bootstrapper, Flash CM7.zip and start all over again?

You do not need to install a bootstrapper of ANYKIND nor do you need to install CWR in any way because it is all built into CM7!

ok thanks! i was just really curious and i dont know much of the technical stuff about cm7

Asphyx

Reaction score
LOL no problem...

To get back into recovery once CM is installed simply hold down the power button, select reboot then select recovery and you will reboot into CWR

OP
bitojoe

bitojoe

Reaction score
LOL no problem...

To get back into recovery once CM is installed simply hold down the power button, select reboot then select recovery and you will reboot into CWR

lol yes i know that much, i guess i was just really curious about why rom manager comes installed in cm7? thats where this topic stems from, like i cant use it for anything unless i install a recovery yano? and i already have it installed cause cm4d2g comes with it built in? so what do i need it for? (possible newbie question haha)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I don't know how it would work on the d2g but for the dx, when I flashed cwr through rom manager I selected moto droid x and it just flashed the same recovery. But when I flashed the one for 2nd-init it was a newer recovery and then I had access to the cm nightlies in the downloads section. I still downloaded them from my PC but it was a good way to check when the newest builds got posted.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Asphyx

Reaction score
LOL no problem...

lol yes i know that much, i guess i was just really curious about why rom manager comes installed in cm7? thats where this topic stems from, like i cant use it for anything unless i install a recovery yano? and i already have it installed cause cm4d2g comes with it built in? so what do i need it for? (possible newbie question haha)

Lots of reason to have recovery available...
There are more than just OS Zips to flash gapps is one such example (althought that is better to flash right after you flash CM before first boot.) But there are lots of things that get released that require recovery mode so it's there for when we need it.

For DX and install from RomManager it is probably different. It's not avail for D2G through RM until it gets official status.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
My bad. Still new to the whole d2/dx/d2g world. I didn't realize that it was officially supported. I was thinking the op meant flash the dx2 one instead of the one for d2g.

Always learning stuff!

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

OP
bitojoe

bitojoe

Reaction score
LOL no problem...

Lots of reason to have recovery available...
There are more than just OS Zips to flash gapps is one such example (althought that is better to flash right after you flash CM before first boot.) But there are lots of things that get released that require recovery mode so it's there for when we need it.

For DX and install from RomManager it is probably different. It's not avail for D2G through RM until it gets official status.

ohh ok thanks