CWM Recovery for Bionic?

kdwisdom

Reaction score
How do I reboot into recovery via Rom Manager on my Bionic?

I choose reboot into recovery and the phone just reboots into normal phone mode.

Is there something I am missing?

OP
K

kdwisdom

Reaction score
I had the same problem, I went to this link BIONIC Safestrap for MotoICS - droidHIVE Forums and got safestrap and installed. It updates CWM to version 5.5.0.4 which will then let you boot into recovery.

Thanks, I just installed it, booted into recovery, and installed the zip I wanted to install but now I'm getting a black screen when trying to reboot and doesn't go anywhere, any ideas?

bbucks36

Reaction score
Thanks, I just installed it, booted into recovery, and installed the zip I wanted to install but now I'm getting a black screen when trying to reboot and doesn't go anywhere, any ideas?

if you didnt do a wipe before you installed zip.. you might have screwed the image stored on the phone...and some zips are not compatible with some roms.. can i ask what you where trying to do? as in what zip

OP
K

kdwisdom

Reaction score
if you didnt do a wipe before you installed zip.. you might have screwed the image stored on the phone...and some zips are not compatible with some roms.. can i ask what you where trying to do? as in what zip

Yeah, I was installing auto_cheesecaketools so I could search for leaks. I was able to take disable safestrap and boot back in. I installed busybox and we'll see what happens this time around.

djgriffin

Reaction score
This is an app, it is not installed through recovery. Move it to your sd card via computer (USB wire) , then navigate to it though Astro or root explorer. Once you find it, tap on it and you will be asked if you want to install the app. When it has installed, you will then open the app and select ""install recovery". Once that happens you will get a screen on each boot up that allows you to go into recovery or boot normally. the instructions are at the location I posted earlier. Hope this helps.

Never mind, I miss read you post and thought you tried to install the app via recovery...It is getting late. Understand you will have to toggle safe mode to install new roms. Here is the link to better explain safestrap -> http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/how-to-safestrap/
It might help with you problem.

Last edited:
OP
K

kdwisdom

Reaction score
This is an app, it is not installed through recovery. Move it to your sd card via computer (USB wire) , then navigate to it though Astro or root explorer. Once you find it, tap on it and you will be asked if you want to install the app. When it has installed, you will then open the app and select ""install recovery". Once that happens you will get a screen on each boot up that allows you to go into recovery or boot normally. the instructions are at the location I posted earlier. Hope this helps.

Never mind, I miss read you post and thought you tried to install the app via recovery...It is getting late. Understand you will have to toggle safe mode to install new roms. Here is the link to better explain safestrap -> How-To Safestrap « Hash-of-Codes
It might help with you problem.

Busybox is an app, yes, but the autocheesecake blur tools apk has to be flashed. But disregard, I was able to get the regular Cheesecake app working now.

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
I had the same problem, I went to this link BIONIC Safestrap for MotoICS - droidHIVE Forums and got safestrap and installed. It updates CWM to version 5.5.0.4 which will then let you boot into recovery.
Safestrap and cwm are two totally seperate recoveries. If you want to use rom manager to boot recovery you have to bootstrap first. If you want to use safestrap just install it and install recovery through the app.