Customization.

Kendroid24

Reaction score
I have not rooted yet and was looking for apps that would offer me the largest amount of customization possible.What might they be?dancedroid

harrellj

Reaction score
If you're wanting to stay stock, go with a replacement launcher. The 2 biggest currently are LauncherPro and ADW Launcher. Once rooted, more options become available simply due to having access to system files.

harrellj

Reaction score
Both launchers I mentioned are available on the Market. ADW has themes also available on the market. Launchers are the bar at the bottom of the screen that has shortcuts to the app drawer/phone/internet.

I've only ever used LauncherPro, so I'll probably be a little more biased on it, but I'd definitely say try them both out.

Alternate launchers will let you change that bar around, in my case I have 2 docks (LauncherPro allows up to 3) that scroll independently of the home screens. These also have the option to have swipe commands (so I can tap to make a call or swipe up on the same icon to go to my contacts as an example). They also allow changing the icons on that bar as well as its background. You also can determine the number of screens to have (up to 7) and which one is considered your "home screen".

OP
K

Kendroid24

Reaction score
Awesome thank you guys a million.Can I do away with homo blur without rooting?I have grown to hate it quite a bit.

OP
K

Kendroid24

Reaction score
WOOT!!!!This is the best forum ever,speedy responses and nobody makes me feel dumb for not knowing things like this.

OP
K

Kendroid24

Reaction score
Well I am glad for it.Most places you can not ask questions without twelve year olds making you feel stupid haha.this is off topic but would rooting an r2d2 be different than an original d2?

OP
K

Kendroid24

Reaction score
Ok I was kind of worried because I plan on switching to the r2d2 in a week or so and I have been looking in to rooting quite a bit.Thank you for all the help.