Custom Rom's

Easy

Reaction score
Hey guys im sure this has been gone over a billion times some where if some one could give me a link it would be great.

Well here it is im new to the whole rooted thing and while it did take me awile i did finally get it i was mainly after the wifi. But then i started seeing all these Roms and wanted one did alot of looking around found that Rom Manager was the way to go i got it (The Paid one) installed cw 3.1.0.2 and went to dl a rom i was trying to go with Droid Concepts one build 9 it is. Well it would dl but when i went to reboot it would give me the ! with droid pic did some reading some said to try to flash cw a few more times did it went to boot and it worked but then got stuck at the m logo so i went into cw recovery and did a restore and am now back up and running but still no Rom what can i do to make this happen? Is it just the one im after or something more than that?
Thanks for any help in advance.
Rich

-iD

Reaction score
I had this happen with DC also. Just flash it manually. Boot to cm recovery, wipe partitions, then install zip from SD card. The zips rm downloaded will be in the DC folder in the clockworkmod folder on your SD card.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
E

Easy

Reaction score
Now any time i try to boot into cw i get that error

OP
E

Easy

Reaction score
uninstalled and reinstalled now i got the ! droid pick when i try to manually go to cw through rm. anything on that?

OP
E

Easy

Reaction score
Ok now i got it to go through the motions i was trying to install the droid concepts rom build 9 i sat at the loading screen for over an hour with droid conceps bouncing around but it never went through does it normally take a very long time to load after installing a new rom?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should have loaded in 5 minutes or less. Try going into clockworkmod recovery manually, wipe data 3x, cache 3x, then go into partions menu and wipe cache partion 3x. After that, try reinstalling the rom.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
E

Easy

Reaction score
Sweet it worked can i get the droid market back? or all my aps i had before?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your apps from the market should redownload once you sign in to your Google account

OP
E

Easy

Reaction score
Thanks for the help im new to this whole rooting and rom thing but i love it and all the stuff in these forums and ppl in them help alot.

Thanks for the help man
Rich

OP
E

Easy

Reaction score
Lol sorry im so newb where do i sighn in to google at ? through the browser?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your welcome, now that you have a custom rom installed, you should get titanium backup from the market. This will back up your apps and data onto your SD card so that when you Chanel roms, you can restore all your apps. Don't restore system apps though as this may cause problems.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should have seen the sign in when you first installed your rom, but if not, go to accounts and sync under settings.

OP
E

Easy

Reaction score
and my home button dont work

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
and my home button dont work

Some times you have to press it more than once, I have that problem too sometimes.

OP
E

Easy

Reaction score
Thanks for the help im not surte if im just dumb or what but i cant find or figure out how to get my apps back i want to accounts and sync under settings and cant figure it out add account? then what my google name and password? gmail and password? thanks for the help man